Foul? Is It Just Me?

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
We have no fouling at all. We didn't have any last year either. Or the year before that. In fact, it's over four years since we last antifouled

Mind you, this might be due to the boat being out of the water for nearly three years :(

Concerto

Visit site
When I returned to Chatham Marina 4 weeks ago from a trip on the East Coast, the hull was almost clean despite being in the water for nearly 2 years without a scrub. However in 4 weeks the waterline has grown a nice fine beard upto 3" long. Not really worried as Concerto is due be lifted on 5 Aug and currently working on her in preparation for her being the Westerly Owners Association boat at the Southampton Boat Show.
Most of the fine weed has now gone. Weird. Could be the colder and slightly less saline water in Chatham Marina or the mullet have had a feast.

oldgit

Visit site
Most of the fine weed has now gone. Weird. Could be the colder and slightly less saline water in Chatham Marina or the mullet have had a feast.

Meanwhile Just upstream
3 months after slipping and A/F.
Obvious coat of slime fine weed and noticable loss of speed.
The Cunning plan.
A couple of weeks in the freshwater of the the Thames.
Hopefully it will kill off the growth ?,,, just tiny bit would do.

hinch

Visit site
i know most of you don't consider Humber/Hull the east coast ? but i lifted out almost to the day after 1 year in the water and apart from an inch strip along the water line of green algae the actual bottom and legs were completely growth free.
don't think i have amazing af i think more that maybe hull marina is so toxic nothing can survive :)

sailorman

Visit site
Just hauled Hageso after 4 months in the Walton Backwaters and surprise, surprise virtually no foul?

Normally she is covered in everything that grows, twice, but this year nothing. Can't be antifoul - don't use any. As she is a bilge keeler and only in for a short season, when she needs it, I just haul-out at Stone Point for a quick scrub but this year no need.

Hot summer - warmer water, I was expecting more foul.

Cost/effectiveness of antifoul is this a new trend? If so why?

Interested to hear others' experience opinions on haul out.
Wd had moulds sans frirt seaqueen failed r tbe 2nd year

nortada

Visit site
Congratulations on taking over Hageso. He was well known in the Walton area. You should say where you are keeping her. I'm in Halls yard at present - Islander.
Hi there. We are the proud new owners of Hageso! Just doing some research on her and found this forum. Would love to connect. ? Jake & Claire

Hi ASDby the Sea,

Sorry I haven’t responded before but I have only just seen your messages.

If you wish I will PM you with a bit of the history of HAGESO; including the origin of the name.

Best wishes,

N

ps Back to thread.

Just hauled Tay after 2 years afloat in the pond at Walton; surprising light fouling, which washed off with not too much effort.

Last edited: