Forum meet at Fosdyke, Sunday PM High Water

Sixpence

Visit site
Hopefully meeting up with JKay and mate on Sunday around high water PM (roughly 19-00 Hrs local time) if anyone fancies a short notice (less than a week) get together stick your name forward and maybe we can see about booking a table at the local. Anyone up for it ?

CliveG

Visit site
Can't do this weekend.
I am at RAF Marham all weekend officiating on the Richard Burns Mamorial Stages Rally.

Can we asume that this is to mark the removal of Sixpence from her weed infeasted dyke?

pennycar9

Visit site
I rest my case. Any thing north of the Orwell dosent seem to carry much weight on this East Coast Forum. Perhaps another section should be known as east coast forum north of the Orwell. There are boats and crew up here abouts, not just limited to a regular few who could perhaps have a better dialouge talking to each other on the phone. What is the point of having an east coast forum which is just limited to a few people in contact over the forum media and excluding others. I always thought that the forums are for the benefit of all not just a chosen few. Perhaps HLB has infiltrated this forum too.

Jomo

Visit site
Hi Paul,

methinks you are being a little harsh. We came up to play on Dougies boat for your round Britain trip to Lowestoft, and will no doubt visit again. It may be that this proposed meet has been set up at short notice, meaning that many have already booked their weekends. I'm keeping it in mind, and Dave's phone number to hand, so that if work takes me that way on Sunday I shall ring & turn up.
It may also be that no-one wants to have anything to do with Mr Sixpence /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Lighten up BrigidMary!

In a sailing boat, especially a little one like mine, a trip to Southwold is an epic voyage, let alone a trip to Fosdyke. I would have to have several days to spare and perfect wind and tide to even think about it.

Of course, I could drive there, but given the choice of sailing somewhere and driving somewhere, it's a no brainer, I'm afraid.

Besides which, I have rather nice plans already for this weekend which don't involve going anywhere near Fosdyke.

Please respect other people's decisions to do what they want to do with their weekends and, with respect, please stop sulking if they don't include you.

It's not our fault that there just happens to be a group of sociable people focused around the Deben, the Orwell, the Blackwater and the Crouch. Everyone is welcome to join in with any of our activities but it is plainly ridiculous to expect previous engagements to be dropped just so your feelings won't be offended.

Sorry, reading this again, it sounds a bit harsh, but you really need to get this in perspective.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
On Sat 27th I will be around Gt Yarmouth with Dickleburgh Sea Scouts. Not my usual cruising ground but at least I am using a bit more of the East Coast!

Sea to Dickleburgh. Tri-Annual Event
Saturday, September 27th/Sunday, September 28th 2008
The objective:
To bring back from the North Sea at Gt. Yarmouth, starting from the Nelson monument on South Denes enough seawater to fill the group’s ancient milk churn transferring it into small containers carried by various water craft. Sea water to be carried in various sized containers brought up by yacht, sailing dinghy,
and canoe to navigable waters and walked and possibly cycled overland in the
Waveney Valley footpaths. At Langmere Common, Rushall the small containers carrying seawater are emptied back into the milk churn and this placed in a dinghy and towed by the Group to the Scout HQ in Dickleburgh where the contents are measured and tested by an independent judge.

Who will benefit:
Royal National Lifeboat Association (RNLI)
Children with Leukaemia
1st Dickleburgh Sea Scout Group

Saturday, September 27th: All Scouts involved & some Cub Scouts
Sunday, September 28th: Scouts, Cubs, Beavers and Explorers involved.
A barbecue and finishing party will be held at HQ on the Sunday afternoon.
The party will be to celebrate the recent group leaders/helpers Queen’s Award.

PS if you want to support us £££££ let me know! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif oh dear my little jokie at Dave seems to have misfired.

I'd love to do Wells, Lowestoft etc but it won't be this year. Perhaps we could have an armada next season.

I'll go and get the AA road maps out of the car to find out where Fosdyke is - not in Reeds, not in the East Coast Pilot /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ah - it's in the AA book - R. Welland does make Reeds just. It looks a bit exciting for a fin-keeler.

No divisions here. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Please - stop feeling victimised. No-one's out to get you.
You are where you are, the majority on here aren't... live with it.
D3B's got his boat round your way - it would seem he doesn't share your feelings.

But whilst we're on a moan - evn though I'm Orwell based I would like to complain about the fact that most social activities seem to take place in some shallow mudhole where I can't get to with my 2.1m draft.
Stop excluding deep keelers /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CPD

Visit site
Will, maybe there is a reason for that /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Will, maybe there is a reason for that /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected as much - no surpise really /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
After all, one isn't really 'one of us' /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

(Sailorman is banned as he does - alledgedly!) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He does - but never on purpose /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

WoodyP

Visit site
Dave,
The situation is "fluid" at the moment but would love to say hi. Just say where. Perhaps the pub at Moulton Seas End is closest, but would think the pub at Surfleet Seas End is better.
Cheers. G.