Ford Dover & Dorset Engines

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
The Dover will directly replace the Dorset, externally the major difference being the injection pump drive arrangement. Dorset's are external drives and you can run the raw water pump from the same drive, on the Dover you need an arrangement to replace the air brake compressor and steering pump (available from Lancing). The industrial sump fits the Dover, but you have to alter the oil pick up pipe and bracket.

omega2

Visit site
What do you want to change?? the complete engine or bits from one to the other? I know the exhaust maniflods are different and the timing gear is bevelled on the Dorset and straight cut on the Dover. Apart from that unable to assist

nigelm

Visit site
can you get me one out in your lunch box??
Have you seen the size of his lunch box ! , dover production stopped @ dagenham around 18-20yrs ago , some machinery was shipped to a plant in turkey where they carried on with limited numbers , the "marine" crank made @ D,E,P had a diff process from a road crank , also a different alloy sump pan .

omega2

Visit site
Have you seen the size of his lunch box ! , dover production stopped @ dagenham around 18-20yrs ago , some machinery was shipped to a plant in turkey where they carried on with limited numbers , the "marine" crank made @ D,E,P had a diff process from a road crank , also a different alloy sump pan .

No but I know it would have to carry 500kg, but then again him being an Essex Boy???

millbeach

Visit site
Some of the old boys here at Dagenham, say the crankshaft was very heavy and large.
If still in production i would put it down my trouser leg..:eek::eek::eek:

essexboy

Visit site
Assuming you are talking standard engines i.e. 120/150 hp Complete engine swop is O.K. but dozens of internal & external parts updated, including manifolds, but as I say footprint is VERY similar.