For those who are missing familiar Dutch Waters - Roger Barnes, Avel Dro

bluerm166

Visit site
Good tip thank you.
( The Venice trip also very enjoyable - strange to see the extended cruising area available well away from the marbled pavements )

Andy61

Visit site
Thanks for posting such an interesting video. I have visited most of those places, in 2019 in very hot weather with no wind en route to Medemblik about 65,000 milion bilion flies descended on the boat. Dreadful things, they seemed to disperse once we approached land but left behind were thousands of dead flies all over the boat, everywhere. I look forward to Part Two.

ianc1200

Visit site
Quite interested there seemed to be two Goat Island skiffs as part of the group - I thought these were tippy boats which can easily get on the plane, not suitable for cruising.

DanTribe

Visit site
Thanks for posting such an interesting video. I have visited most of those places, in 2019 in very hot weather with no wind en route to Medemblik about 65,000 milion bilion flies descended on the boat. Dreadful things, they seemed to disperse once we approached land but left behind were thousands of dead flies all over the boat, everywhere. I look forward to Part Two.
We were there 4 years ago and the flies were a pain, but only for a couple of days. This year, not a problem at all. Perhaps they only appear when the conditions are right?