for those of us who cannot get afloat for a while

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
try this

<font color=blue>How To Get Ready For Sailing!
Sleep on the shelf in your cupboard.
Replace the cupboard door with a curtain.
Four hours after you go to sleep, have your mate whip open the curtain, shine a flashlight in your eyes, and mumble, "Your watch!".
Put a wall across the middle of you bathtub and move the shower head down to chest level.
When taking showers, switch off the water while soaping.
Put lube oil in your humidifier instead of water and set it to high.
If your basement floods, during a sudden thaw, go down and start bailing.
Bring inside some type of diesel engine (lawn mower, portable generator, etc.), start, and leave running while trying to listen to favourite CD, or having an in depth conversation.
If the wind outside is howling, race around the house to make sure all windows and doors are secure (at night, everyone takes a turn on 'watch').
Place all non edible rubbish in small plastic bags, and store in other half of bathtub (edible rubbish to be thrown out of the window).
Wake up at midnight and have a peanut butter and jam sandwich on stale bread. Cold canned ravioli or soup, is optional.
Make up your family menu a week ahead of time without looking in the cupboard, pantry, fridge, or freezer.
Once a month, pick a major appliance, take it completely apart, and put it back together.
Use 18 scoops of coffee per pot, and allow it to sit for 5 to 6 hours before drinking.
Put a fluorescent light under the coffee table, and lay there to read a book.
Every so often, throw the cat in the tub (hot tub, large sink, etc.) and shout, "Man overboard!".
Run into the kitchen and sweep all the pots, pans and dishes off of the counter onto the floor, then yell at the mate for not having the place "stowed for sea". </font color=blue>

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

AndrewB

Visit site
And then there is ...

Get up a couple of times in the middle of the night to check the house is still positioned OK in relation to your neighbours.

Drive somewhere at 8 mph and sometimes reduce it to 3 mph "to save the engine". When it gets dark, don't use the headlights in case it damages your "night vision".

Peppermint

Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another bo
Visit site
Re:Also

Race around the house turning lights off. (To save the batteries)
Ditto Taps("we're not on the mains now and the tanks not bottomless")
Refuse to go anywhere up wind in a straight line.
Eat Mars Bars throughout the day and drink larger at breakfast.
Sleep with strangers in the understairs cupboard.

<hr width=100% size=1>

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site
Not even trying unless you get the clothes right too...

Put a full set of clothes on when they are only half dry after being washed, nice and damp and clammy.

Survive for a fortnight on two sets of underwear.

Wear your clothes day and night.

Try to do a job requiring lots of movement, reaching and dexterity with all your clothes on, including thick gloves and full waterproofs. Hanging out the washing for example.

<hr width=100% size=1>Adventures of the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.xrayted.fsnet.co.uk>Teddy Bear Boat</A>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
not me
found it elsewhere
i thought the ex rn sites had only unrepeatable jokes

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

kingfisher

Visit site
Get a neighbour to slap a piece of rope against an aluminium pipe all night, using a completely irregular rythm.
Give your kid a baloon, and get him to make a squeezing sound all night.
Put a duck in a tub next to your bed, so water is constantly shloshin about.
Put all your food at random in ten different small cupboards, remove all labels from cans.
Use additives to insure that mould appears on foodstuffs within 12 hrs of opening the packaging
Take plant spray, add two table spoons of diesel to a litre of water, and sprits on all clothes in closet. Keep clothes humid for at least 24hrs. This will insure the correct odour and feel with garments.
If male, and nature calls, stand on balcony and do what has to be done; ask mate to hold on to the back of your vest for safety reasons.
Install steel wire all over house;wake up, put on harness, and clip on BEFORE leaving bedroom.
Wear seven layers of clothing, and then realise nature calls.
Drink beer 10°C over the normal temp (which, for British beer equals 20+°)
Use electricaly heated-cooled plates, so that your food will be too hot for 10 minutes, just right for 30 seconds, and then cold immidiately; eat it anyway; eat with one hand, have leash to large excited dog in other.
Drive car by accelerating and braking in rapid successions, do not wear safety belt, brace by putting foot against centre console.
Have somebody put objects at random places, so that you stub your heard, food and othere extremities on a regular basis.
Reduce circumference of toilet seat by half.
Reduce space in toilet by half.
Toilet must have at least two valves, a pump and a switch; add wads of newspaper every fortnight to block it.
Insure that process- and safety- essential gauges at work fail on a regular bases, accept failure as normal, and use backup system/alternative untill winter.

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

Metabarca

Visit site
Re: for those of us who cannot get afloat for a wh

Build a brick wall up to about halfway in your doorway, then place a stepladder behind to get out.
Optionally, rig up a shower externally pointed towards the doorway.
Tie your windows to ropes (sheets?!) and open and close using complicated system of winches. Don't forget to rub something gritty into the rope and jumble it about so it forms knots.
When you park the car, don't forget to tie each bumper to a tree or gatepost. Alternatively, drop anchor and reverse slowly until anchor digs into lawn.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html</A>

duncan

Visit site
firstly, with the exception of the poor cat, I think this is a very accurate reflection of the rag and stick trade
secondly - I now remember why I got the mobo.........../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>