following on from Arthur Woods "I've won the lottery"

epervier

Visit site
following on from Arthur Woods \"I\'ve won the lottery\"

500K sterling, Small potatoes Arthur,

Senator David Mark, President Federal Republic OF Nigeria has 6.3million US dollar inheritance waiting for me, just to send him my details and it's on it's way by virtue of an ATM card,and that's only a stop gap payment, the rest will be sent after clarification.

Christ, I'm a millionaire, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

now where's that telephone number for sunseeker new orders, with privileges? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

do people really believe this sort of drivel?

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Re: following on from Arthur Woods \"I\'ve won the lottery\"

I guess they work on the basis that if they send out say 10,000 of the same email some poor daft idiot is gonna believe that life is like that, people will just hand millions of pounds to strangers, and they might just fall for it.

tazzle

Visit site

They do indeed do very well out of these scams. Sometimes, if operating from the UK, they get caught - but not often. One Nigerian chappie who was caught was a Mr Benye. The High Court judgment reads:

"Mr Benye was arrested in the United Kingdom on 2 February 2004. On 25 June 2004 Mr Benye pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud. He was sentenced on 23 July 2004 to 3 years 6 months imprisonment. The fraud involved duping victims into parting with sums of money, often large sums, on the false pretext that they would receive even larger sums of money in return. Confiscation proceedings were initiated. Agreement was eventually reached between the CPS and Mr Benye that Mr Benye had benefited from the frauds in the amount of £989,813.75."

Oh, it didn't end happily. He agreed to pay back a lot of money in return for a reduced sentence, but kept prevaricating until his release after 18 months or so, when he skipped back to Nigeria without having made any restitution, never to be seen again.

goochie

Visit site

Well I'm just about to invest all my money in a US trucking company. Apparently I'm going to make a fortune. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ians

Visit site

Well
You are all lucky to get such interesting emails, all I get is ones offering a discount if I sign up before the end of the month to a funeral fund !!!

ians

theguvnor

Visit site

Somebody told a mail order co thay my penis needs enlarging - I must keep my wife off the interweb !

PhilF

Visit site

yup I won $800,000 today, twice and a job offer from Waller Trucking