Flush mounting an O.Chart 7

Posse

Visit site
Did anyone try to flush mount a O.Chart 7 plotter? I recently bought one for the cockpit, but Furuno does not supply a packing/gasket so that it will be waterproof against the panel where it is mounted. How to solve this?

Of course, the plotter itself is sealed, but I do not want water coming in through the steering console.

prv

Visit site
Furuno does not supply a packing/gasket so that it will be waterproof against the panel where it is mounted. How to solve this?

Sikaflex? Or silicone if you're worried about the sika adhering too firmly. Or one of the various other sealing gunks and goos that I'm sure people will now proceed to suggest :)

Pete

Posse

Visit site
Sikaflex? Or silicone if you're worried about the sika adhering too firmly. Or one of the various other sealing gunks and goos that I'm sure people will now proceed to suggest :)

Pete

Sure, plenty of sikaflex will seal anything :) However, if possible, I would like to avoid gluing the plotter on there. I was thinking that it might be possible to cut a rubber/foam gasket similar to what is found on the back of Raymarine (and probably other) instruments. But what material to use, and where to find it?

-Peter