Floor material...

gunnarsilins

www.eilean.se
...wanted. I want to have something new instead of the glued carpets in the decksaloon on my Moody 42.
Teak/holly would be nice but will be rather complicated to fit when it comes into large sheets and must be precision cut and in the same time avoiding joints.
Considering Marinedeck 2000, but not too keen when thinking of all caulking with black sikaflex.
Anybody any ideas. Preferably a material which is good looking, nonskid to some extent and can be mounted in smaller pieces, for a easier and more accurate fit!

jollyjacktar

Visit site
I have seen sheet cork [about the same thickness as used for gaskets] used quite effectively, glued and polyeuthane varnish over the top. It is durable and quite attractive. Depending on where you are, you may also be able to get cork tiles which you lay the same way and varnish.

Stemar

Visit site
Re: Cork Tiles

All the DIY stores do cork tiles. You can get pre-varnished self adhesive ones that are a doddle to fit. Stick 'em down then splash a bit more acrylic floor varnish over the top to seal the edges and make it a bit harder wearing.

The disadvantage to them is that the edges are fragile, so they need to be protected, which is a pain if they aren't straight lines