Flexiteek Adhesive

Frayed Knot

Visit site
Does anyone have definite knowledge as to the product used to glue down and caulk the margins around Flexiteek decking?
I know that Sikaflex is not effective and loses adhesion after a while.
Flexiteek UK will not speak to me or give any assistance - it was one of their directors who did the original, extremely poor installation, later closing down that particular business, thus evading responsibility for the warranty - and probably many others.
The welded seams are failing and I hope to cut them out and re caulk in a the manner of a genuine teak deck as the original edge margins have remained intact.

PCUK

Visit site
I use Sabatak 750 for Dek-King so I assume Flexiteek is a similar product.
Sabatak is the recommended adhesive which has immense strength. We had to lift a cured section and it tore the face off the ply rather than separating.
For gluing strips together I use plumbers solvent adhesive which is the same as the small tubes of adhesive that I can't remember the name of.

RogerJolly

Visit site
I have it that 'MS Polymer' adhesive is the thing - maybe follow up on that one, there seems to be many brands doing it.

We've not had the best experience with synthetic teak either - on cockpit sole, came with boat. Not pressed down enough into a slight curve causing a big void that eventually caused cracks. (Not same company.)

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
The Dek king stuff we used was a Stelmax product.Clear plastic glue .I have some on the boat .Cant remember the other numbers on the tube .But it has certainly re stuck the parted seams and joins .

RogerJolly

Visit site
Yes, used two glues - the 'MS' one for bedding and solvent glue for edges. Bit of a faff - getting enough bedding glue under there but not too much it squeezes out and goes up into the edges. Solvent glue sets pretty quick.