Fletcher 19 GTS -List to Port

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Now I have had 3 trips out in the Fletcher 19 GTS I have found that with me and my wife on the boat when on the plane the boats lists to the left (Port). When at displacement speed the boat seems to sit nice and even. The odd thing is that I am about 8 stone heavier than my wife and I am sitting at the helm (Right hand side or Starboard). When on the plane if my wife sits the same side as me it seems to level out nicely. Is this just a question of swapping stuff about in the lockers or is it a trim thing.

Any advice would be appreciated

Dennis

Danfarry

Visit site
No expert but it is probably due to the torque of the prop. You will be steering slightly to compensate and that will induce heel.

Would the fitting of trim tabs be possible, it's nice to sit where you want to sit and trim the boat accordingly.

Last edited:

capnjack

Visit site
Hi Dennis

Try adjusting the trim anode, this sometimes corrects this issue, it's not uncommon. I'm not sure about the theory, but can guess that Danfarry's suggestion about prop torque and steering compensation will be your issue. I'm sure the idea of the trim anode is to counter prop steer at speed.

QBhoy

Visit site
Hi
There is a good chance it's wind related...
Took me a while to gather this. If the wind is coming from your port, to keep the boat straight, you naturally steer to port, giving it a slight list. Have it in mind next time and see. More noticeable if you have a hood or spray hood to catch the wind.
Torque steer from the prop (mentioned previously) also a factor.
Happy boating, fletchers are great boats.

wipe_out

Visit site
Just trim the leg up untill you hear the engine change pitch and the list will disappear.

+1 on this.. On our last boat if I didn't trim out enough the bow would have a tendancy to plow a little and cause the boat to list.. Trimming moved the running surface back and to the more flat area of the hull which levelled it out..

Of course that was at cruising speed at WOT we then had the torque of the prop coming into effect which would also cause a list but on that boat we had trim tabs so I could easily correct it..

Other threads that may be of interest