Fleming 58 video

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Piers, I live on an island to your SW these days. Castle quay. One winter Saturday morning I'll invite myself over for a coffee and look in your e/room and chew the fat about replacing fins.
The fin hardware is in the ballpark of £45k. Vat free in gsy obviously. Installation is 2guys x 1 week say £6000 ball park. Actuators will have similar footprint to existing, and lower profile. Plus haul out cost. Those numbers are very ball park. The whole thing isn't difficult.

Just had the quote in for the upgrade to 7.5 from 6. Two fins and two winglets = £10,600 plus duty, shipping, fitting, etc, etc. What? For some moulded fibreglass. I'm reeling and that's before the evening's G&T.

vas

Visit site
slightly off topic (well tbh the whole discussion has v.little to do with the title...)

What sort of power do the hydraulics (well the pumps) for a small 50ft mobo stabs consume?
Anyone got an idea, ballpark figure's fine, 2KW per stab, 4kW, 8kW?
We are talking about electric stabs, but wouldn't it be possible to have at anchor hydraulic stabs operating via el.motors mated to the pumps?
Maybe pointless in many occasions, but would it be even possible?

cheers

V.

jfm

Visit site
Just had the quote in for the upgrade to 7.5 from 6. Two fins and two winglets = £10,600 plus duty, shipping, fitting, etc, etc. What? For some moulded fibreglass. I'm reeling and that's before the evening's G&T.

I would get exact dims of 7.5 from a boat show sample. Then take yours to a Grp firm and simply extend them. It would need a precise lay up spec for the dims and glass content but I reckon I could source that data. Job done for £2500. Needs a good Grp guy. You would not remove any material from your fins so they would not be weakened.