Flare Packs - What do I require?

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
Can you tell its raining? Another post from me!

What type brand/flares (or flare pack) would you recommend for a 22ft Classic East Coast (Pin Mill) based weekender doing coastal cruising/pottering and possible longer passages down the Thames Estuary, mainly in sight of land?

And more importantly, recommedations on where to mail order source (do they courier these things?), if on a tight budget.

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
2 x red para
2 x red hand
2 x orange smoke
1 x white collision

It may be prudent to add some personal hand flares to the lifejackets as you get richer, the RNLI use a great unit that is orange smoke/red hand on each end. This is to allow the MoB to get your attention, or someone else's.
if going out at night 2 x white illumination (optional)

Don't worry about floating smokes.

An option is to buy some flares with only 12 months left on them for much less outlay and then start buying new flares individually at intervals, this stops having to outlay the full hit every few years.

Do make sure you buy from abroad and save 29 pence, we don't want to help the uk pensions now do we?

Robin

Visit site
You mean like the full offshore set I just bought for 89 Euros, less than half the UK prices? I could have also bought a handheld VHF with the flares for the same total price as the offshore kits alone in our local chandlers. Glad to support UK suppliers - in reason.