Fixing clear vinyl

Joe_Cole

Visit site
I want to make some waterproof covers for radios/GPS etc: but I don't fancy paying the high cost of the usual items from my chandlers!

Does anyone have any tips on welding or gluing the material to make a strong waterproof join?

domlee

Visit site
I have used laminated sheets (A4 or A3 size) normally used to seal paper to 'seal' equipment. Just put the radio, gps etc on the middle, place the cover over it and seal round it with a hot iron. The buttons and controls etc are operable through the plastic. Use the cheapest sheets you can fing - they are usually thinner!

domlee

Visit site
I have used laminated sheets (A4 or A3 size) normally used to seal paper to 'seal' equipment. Just put the radio, gps etc on the middle, place the cover over it and seal round it with a hot iron. The buttons and controls etc. are operable through the plastic. Use the cheapest sheets you can find - they are usually thinner!

regards,

dom

ccscott49

Visit site
Ether glues/welds perpex together. Double sided tape might do the job for thin plastic/pvc or there is a special flexi-glue for it, can't remeber its name, but try a hobby shop.