fitting out

G

Do I fit an Accumulator on the domestic water line between the water tank and water pump or beyond the pump?

G

hi
Fit the accumulator tank after the water pump in the cold line freferably before any Taps or showers ect. Set the pressure of the tank to aprox 3-4 psi above the cut in pressure of the pump!!! It is also best to use the bigger tanks the smaller ones are less effective!!!!
Marcus

G

FIT IT AFTER THE PUMP WITH PRESSURE SET JUST BELOW CUT OUT OF PUMP PRESSURE SWITCH . pHONE cLEGHORN WARING 01462 480380 (jABSCO) FOR CORRECT ADVICE AND SERVICE

Strathglass

Visit site
You realy need two accumulators. one after the pump to limit the constant off/on switching of the pump. The air or diaphram compresses to give some hysterisis to the cold water system. The second accumulator is in the hot water system to give somewhere for the water to go to when it expands when heated. Otherwise it blows off pressure relief valves, heats the cold water or if it has nowhere to go just splits the calorifier tank. The tank will also split with frost if the craft is not correctly winterised. The cleghorn write up is quite instructive.
WHY IS THIS IN GENERAL DISCUSSION AND NOT IN THE PBO FORUM?

G

Thanks Ian, I,m also fitting a Mikuni deisel heater which has an Accumalator in the kit . Am I right in assuming this will,as you advise,be the second one. SORRY I AM A NEW USER. THEREFORE NOT TO SURE HOW TO USE THE FORUM SYSTEM: I NOW KNOW! ericr.

lazyjack

Visit site
Ian,he is in the PBO Forum,isn t he? Or is it so confusing that technical progress is getting the better of us? - well,some of us!