fishing competition

tcm

Visit site
I fancy my chances for winning the Tooled Up Award, with my special sawn-off fishing rod and dangerous looking reel and gaff. But are there any special rules for fishing competitions which relate to actual catching of fish?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
here is a draft for you:

Entry fee: $3,000 per forumite (each forumite is referred to as “Participant”).
Optional Big Blue Challenge: $5,000 per Participant (the “Big Blue Challenge”).
Payment and Acceptance of Entry Fee: Payment can be made by standard commercial means either by mail, wire transfer or over the internet. After June 21, 2007 only wire transfers or internet credit card payment will be accepted. All funds must be available without restriction to IGI on or before 5:00 pm, July 3, 2007 (unless otherwise stated, all times in the Rules refer to US EST). Each Participant must receive a confirmation number which shall confirm Participant’s entry into the Tournament.
Revocation of Entry: YBW reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to reject or revoke participation by any Participant for any reasonwithin five business days after receipt of entry or before July 3, , whichever is earlier. Revocation may be communicated or sent to Participant by phone, fax or email and is effective when sent by YBW.
Withdrawal: Refunds will only be made for withdrawals if a written withdrawal and refund notice signed by the Participant is received by YBW on or before midnight April 26, 2007.
Qualifying fish: Blue Marlin, 500 pounds or more. All fish below the qualifying weight or those fish caught that are smaller than the biggest reported catch shall be released.
Winning fish: The winning fish will be the heaviest blue marlin over 500 pounds caught in accordance with International Game Fish Association (“IGFA”) rules and Tournament Rules. In the case of a tie, the earliest confirmed time with YBW of fish boated will be the winner.
Rules: Each Participant shall comply with the IGFA rules which can be viewed at www.igfa.org. under “Fishing.”
Prize Money and Distribution: Prize money is awarded for first place only in this winner takes all tournament. Prize money shall be equal to 80% of entry fees (the “Prize Money”). Taxes will be withheld if required by Gordie Brown. The Prize Money for the winning Participant will only be distributed to the individual designated on Participant’s entry form as the “Payee” for the Winner’s check.
Fishing hours: Lines in the water at 8:30 am and out of the water at 4:30 pm in the angler’s local time zone.
Polygraph:YBW reserves the right to require that the angler and/or any members of the crew pass a polygraph test, administered in the manner determined by YBW, in order to collect the Prize Money.
Determination and Verification of Fish Size: Fish weight as well as length (as measured from the tip of the lower jaw to the fork of the tale) and girth (the “Measurements”) should be taken by a qualified weigh master approved by YBW. At least two independent witnesses are required to witness the taking of the Measurements. The Measurements along with photos taken to verify the Measurements and the witnesses’ names and contact information (collectively “Catch Information”) shall be submitted to IGI as soon as reasonably possible. An observer approved by YBW may be required for any Participant fishing in a remote area where there are no other Participants (the “Remote Area”).YBW shall have the right to refuse any entry if it believes that adequate verification procedures are not available in the Remote Area.
Fishing Line Requirements: The maximum breaking strength allowed for any line used in the Tournament is IGFA 130Lb class which is 60 Kg or 132.27 LBS. If line is used with a stated breaking strength above 100Lbs, a 20 foot sample of the line should be submitted with the Catch Information.
Reporting: Participants shall use their best effort to report, as soon as possible, any large blue marlin boated and the estimated weight of the fish. The Catch Information shall be reported to YBW headquarters by midnight, June 4, 2007. YBW may post Tournament day activity on the Blue Marlin World Cup web site as it occurs throughout the day, however, in no event shall YBW have any liability for any posted information that may later turn out to be inaccurate or false.
Big Blue Challenge: Entry in the Big Blue Challenge is optional and all Tournament Rules will apply. The Big Blue Challenge winner will also be the Participant catching the largest blue marlin over 500 Lbs. Monies will be distributed for first place only, winner takes all, less IRS withholding (if required) and 10% for tournament administrative expenses (the “Big Blue Challenge Pool”). The Big Blue Challenge Pool shall be paid to the "Big Blue Challenge Payee” noted on the Entry Form.
Prize Money and Big Blue Challenge Pool Carryover: If there is no Tournament or Big Blue Challenge winner the Prize Money and Big Blue Challenge Pool will be placed in an account for the 2008 World Cup and the Prize Money and Big Blue Challenge Pool for 2008 will increase accordingly. Re-entry along with payment of the 2008 Tournament entry fee is required to participate in the 2008 World Cup Tournament and payment of the 2008 Big Blue Challenge entry fee shall be required to participate in the 2008 Big Blue Challenge.
Adverse Conditions: It is the responsibility of each Participant to decide in advance whether to fish on June 4. Participants shall not be entitled to refunds for the Tournament or the Big Blue Challenge unless Participant complies with the refund rules set forth above. Participant shall not be entitled to a refund after June 26 due to the inability of Participant to fish on June 4 for any reason, including, but not limited to bad weather, adverse sea conditions, other acts of God, mechanical or physical conditions or other similar conditions or events.
Dispute Resolution: In order for any dispute or protest to be considered it must be submitted to YBW prior to 5:00 pm on June 5, 2007. Any dispute shall be determined and resolved in the sole and absolute discretion of the YBW rules committee and said determination and/or resolution shall be final and binding.
Indemnification: Anglers / crews / boat owner and guests of Participant (collectively “Participating Parties”) enter the Tournament at their own risk, individually and collectively, and assume all risks which might occur. Participating Parties hereby release and forever discharge YBW and their agents, employees, representatives, attorneys, insurers, shareholders, officers, directors, assigns, heirs and successors-in-interest from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations and causes of action, which Participating Parties may have arising out of or in any way connected with their participation in the Tournament.
Jurisdiction: In the event of any litigation arising out of the Tournament, participant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Florida courts with venue in Broward County, Florida.
Consent to Rules and Failure to Abide by the Rules: Submission of your entry into the Tournament constitutes your acceptance of the Rules and your agreement to abide by the Rules. Failure to abide by the Rules shall constitute disqualification.

Pinnacle

Visit site
Matt

You will only be fishing for one of three reasons....

You are bored
you are hungry, or
you are in a competition with your fellow trans-ats

Since the competion, if that is the reason, will be won by the first person to catch anything, this all seems a bit academic.........

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tcm

Visit site
Ok. You buy the first TWO rounds if they catch something that can feed four people, but if they catch nothing then Pat/Para buyt he first two rounds.

And so it was that ljs + tcm again wangled themselves guaranteed free drinks.

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Well this is asking for trouble isn't it?
To avoid future embarassment suggest someone takes digital camera down to fish counter at Sainsbury's and photos something large (preferably whole), trying not to include in shot fake parsley, or sign saying 'Today's Special' or 'Buy One Get One Free,' so it (photo) can be used later.

tcm

Visit site
good plan. We doctor up the photos so it looks as tho they have caught summink and chrisE buys the first two rounds. Then, we show the pix we have got are doctored fakes from the fish counter, and para/pat have to buy two rounds, plus repayment of the first two rounds already paid for by chrisE, which means six rounds of free (to us) drinks.

Visit site
Re: forward planning

come on chaps thats hardly the spirt of things. we can at least get photo of local produce over there. Instead of tackle I have invested in a new photo editting program, so I shall end up with biggest bestist looking fish, even if I have to get the beer in, wich looks like im in a no win situation. How come ive ended going to the bar with Para, It will be "er Paddy a theres no we pockets in me shorts laddy, so if yer could just get these"

Visit site
things hotting up, just perchased me fishing braid line and putting it on me old faithfull torque multiplier, here we go, wire traces and every thing

Visit site
one of me mates just got back from hongkong and has bought me a fishing loure that has its owne water testing kit, so you test the water and put in the values and it self adjusts its depth trim, colour flashing rithem and a low bliping for the quality of the water. its serpose to be atractive to the most likly game fish to be. found in those waters
weighed in weighed in. read it and weep suckers

ParaHandy

Visit site
Chuck and forget

thon Honkers kit is braw .. ah've ra shanghai original which haes a wee sonar thingy and gangs aff we' its wee motor efter ony fush which meets ma criteria sich as size etc and is jist like a collie dog as it shepherds ra fush back tae ra boat.

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Re: Chuck and forget

When, and only when, PWC and PH show me the results of their labours with the new wonder lure will I believe it.

And, BTW, can you give me the address of where I can buy one?