Fisherman using live Cats and Dogs as bait to catch Sharks!!!!

Sammo

Visit site
Well thanks for that crisser, well sniffed out.
So there we have it.
Seems like the hook was an accident no more sinister that the boy in casualty with a saucepan stuck on his head.
That was obviously a vets surgery and it seems someone has obtained the photo and added the sea story,
I wonder how much they were paid.

Kilter

Visit site
I've reported a farmer numerous times over the past 6 years for gross animal cruelty and the RSPCA has done precisely B'all in terms of prosecuting this @rse...they are a waste of space as far as I'm concerned! IMHO.etc! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

graham

Visit site
the picture in the "Sun "yesterday showed a pup with a hook through its paw probably snagged itself running on the beach or something.

The hook wasnt big enough for sharks and it was only attatched to nylon line ,also no good.

Im sure the practice may well be going on but that photo was nothing to do with it.

Ships_Cat

Visit site
I have never, of course, used a cat or dog as bait but do have to confess to catching a cat on a fishing line many years ago.

My family had a holiday home at a remote beach around which was a small colony of wild cats. One day after returning from a fishing trip in a trailered MoBo one of the rods left in a rod holder still had a little bit of bait on one hook.

One of the wild cats must have spied it and climbed up onto the boat and pulled the line down with its paw and swallowed the bait, hook and all right down. When we discovered it there was nothing we could do but shoot the poor thing.

Was many years ago but something I have never forgotten (and am very careful in similar circumstances).

John

Joe_Cole

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've reported a farmer numerous times over the past 6 years for gross animal cruelty and the RSPCA has done precisely B'all in terms of prosecuting this @rse...they are a waste of space as far as I'm concerned! IMHO.etc! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't stated the nature of the alleged cruelty but the RSPCA may well have visited the farmer and decided either that there is nothing wrong (one mans idea of cruelty is frequently another mans idea of acceptable animal husbandry) or they may be working with him to improve things. The RSPCA usually tries to do its job discreetly and will only go in heavily as a last resort.

FWIW the RSPCA very often gets called out to "problems" only to discover that the difficulty is really nothing to do with animals and more to do with neighbours who are in dispute with eachother.

If you really think that gross cruelty is taking place you can always call the police. They could get the RSPCA involved if necessary.

ccscott49

Visit site
Ha! Some cats love it, my old one didnt like it! Wee [--word removed--]!! Loved that cat! Bloody cars!