First time boat - 1991 Sealine 190 - any thoughts welcome

LBRodders

Visit site
haha true, i was hoping for something to negotiate with from the survey, as i think i've over offered ( as the offer was accepted without negotiation), opps! know to go into lower next time! :)

It's not a yardstick for value. You are over thinking it.
Don't worry soon enough the running costs will make this worry go way ?

lulumonde

Visit site
Very true! So far i'm up to £180 year insurance (insure4boats?) £150 pm launch & store (summer) £100pm store (winter), £500 year (normal service), £1000-£1500 3rd year (big service) + fuel + RYA Inland course £425 one off + VHF course £170 one off = £250+ per month? Anything I've missed? No upgrades in that of course!

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Re negotiation
I think you are being too fair and you’re too nicer person. I’d love to sell you my boat come the day.
Go back and say “I’ve studied market prices and my new offer is ****”
If they say no then go ahead, it’s a good boat. My guess is they will want to compromise.
Remember there is no long term relationship or after sales service. You will never see them again.

lulumonde

Visit site
Yes true, not many to compare to, but the best ones seemed to go 12k-13k last year. Think it's ok has it's also got a good 2 axle trailer, full canopy & aux 5hp honda 4 stroke. Acaster is my local boat place, there's that & York Marina, (York as the more expensive 2nd hand end 30k - 200k), Acaster the cheaper end (5k-50k). So they'll most likely be the ones launching/storing it & servicing it until I learn some servicing skills :)

lulumonde

Visit site
Had a good look in all the nooks & crannies today. Found - new set of unused windscreen wipers, new set of spark plugs, shore power system linked to a dual battery charger, winter cockpit cover, couple of sets of tools, river trial on Monday :)

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Had a good look in all the nooks & crannies today. Found - new set of unused windscreen wipers, new set of spark plugs, shore power system linked to a dual battery charger, winter cockpit cover, couple of sets of tools, river trial on Monday :)
Winter cockpit cover £1000 also will make your camper covers last twice as long.
Hope trial goes well. See if you can take it flat out and watch for any overheating.

halcyon

Visit site
Got an initial view from the surveyor, waiting for the full report - The boat hull is very good, nice and dry with just a few minor stress cracks to the gelcoat, these are only cosmetic, engine and leg good, oils good, propeller and casings good, bellows good, controls good. She started almost instantly on the turn of the key and after a very short warm up ran smoothly with controls working correctly the hull interior is good as is the upholstery. The electrics all worked apart from the battery condition metre on the switch panel the fire equipment all in good order as was the bilge pump, the compass has a bubble so its accuracy cannot be guaranteed, all i all a nice craft with no serious faults found and ready to go, i think it is good value for the price and you would struggle to find better

Battery condition meter I find interesting, don't remember ever supplying panels with them fitted for the 190, has it been changed, or is it just old age with me.

Brian

halcyon

Visit site
Yes it has been changed by the previous owner

You should have a 9 way switch panel + horn, with a seperate 10 way circuit breaker panel by the throttle lever, helm panel see here It is posible that very late boats had a one piece panel in the same place with switches on the top and circuit breakers along the bottom.

What other panels have you still fitted ?

Brian

lulumonde

Visit site
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.27.44.png
Yes, there's x2 replacement switch panels, 9 switches in all, then the battery test toggle, think they maybe didn't connect the battery test bit up and the others all work.

halcyon

Visit site
View attachment 123977
Yes, there's x2 replacement switch panels, 9 switches in all, then the battery test toggle, think they maybe didn't connect the battery test bit up and the others all work.

Be interesting what the mods are, there were 11circuit outputs from the original switch panel, plus an additional 6 circuits supplied direct from the circuit breaker panel.

Brian

lulumonde

Visit site
Well that's the deed done, the boat is bought! Sure i will soon learn the wisdom (or not) of getting a planning hull with single outdrive then learning to drive it on the river, steep learning curve ahead i think! what have a done!

BruceK

Visit site
Well that's the deed done, the boat is bought! Sure i will soon learn the wisdom (or not) of getting a planning hull with single outdrive then learning to drive it on the river, steep learning curve ahead i think! what have a done!
Congratulations and remember it's the things we dont do we regret the most. May she bring you many happy days and fond memories.