First of the season

pessimist

Visit site
Finally finished sticking all the loose bits back on the boat and left the pontoon. Sunshine, flat sea wind 3-4 and all the bits of string seemed to be in the right places and the right order. Nothing broke, nothing went wrong. It's all downhill from here.:rolleyes:

johnalison

Visit site
Maybe if you changed your name to Optimist your luck would change. A few years ago we were just returning to out berth after 3 months away when SWMBO said what was going through my mind but I hadn't had the courage to say "nothing has gone wrong while we've been away". It's never happened before or since.

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
After rewiring the part of the engine electronics, in my joy of getting the job sorted I said to Kirsty that everything on the boat was sorted again.

The next morning I plugged in the shore power and the battery charger went up in smoke.

That'll teach me!:(

rotrax

Visit site
Finally finished sticking all the loose bits back on the boat and left the pontoon. Sunshine, flat sea wind 3-4 and all the bits of string seemed to be in the right places and the right order. Nothing broke, nothing went wrong. It's all downhill from here.:rolleyes:

Hi, I know what you mean! After two hard days on the scrubbing piles doing the neccessary and lubing the Kiwi Prop we had a nice day sail to Itchenor. Picked up crab sandwiches at the seafood stall and got the barbie going. Poor visibility and no wind on the way back to Gosport but life is often like that. First mate was bringing us in to the club pontoon and I stepped off with the spring line. A bit of ahead and we would be secure alongside ready to fix the other lines. First mate gave a bit of ahead and she shot backwards-good response these Kiwi Props-pulling the spring through my hands and cracking my watch glass on the cleat.The clamp for the gear cable had stripped a thread in one screw and the resulting movement had allowed the other screw to ratchet undone. This resulted in it staying in reverse and not able to select neutral or forward.First mate had thirty seconds of excitment before she settled across two sterns and a pontoon end. Good thing the dinghy was in the davits as this fact stopped damage to other boats. Only damage was a gelcoat chip on a Westerly's rudder and a scratch on our stern. A new screw fixed the gearbox. First mate needed a stiff drink! The following day-after polishing out our scratch and contacting the owner of the Westerly-we had a short hop across to Osbourne bay where we met freinds for lunch and ice-creams from the visiting ice-cream boat.Good sail back,everything working-what will go wrong next?

BruceDanforth

Visit site

First trip out too at the weekend went from the Tyne to Lindisfarne with AngusMcDoon via Coquet Island and came back via the kettle in the Farnes and Amble marina (first paid for night since 2009). Cold and foggy a lot of the time. Angus noticed the boat was horribly minging so I pulled a few gallons of seawater on board in my bucket and cleaned the decks down on route and in the kettle. Bottom of boat clean after a 100 mile round trip. A lot of motoring due to lack of wind but a good sail on the Sunday. Put my knee through a locker door in relatively benign conditions and need to buy some woodscrews.