Finding insurance for the club

Kelpie

Visit site
Thanks for all the advice etc. I was rather hoping that a few people would come back with names of insurance companies that offered sensible prices, but I suppose we're in a bit of a different situation to many clubs.
Next port of call will be the RYA although I suspect they will want to sell me a policy through a partner company.

The only premium I have been quoted so far after fairly extensive searching is about twice the annual income of the club, so, um, that's a bit of a non-starter.

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
When is a pricing cartel not a pricing cartel- when actuaries are involved!

Thanks for all the advice etc. I was rather hoping that a few people would come back with names of insurance companies that offered sensible prices, but I suppose we're in a bit of a different situation to many clubs.
Next port of call will be the RYA although I suspect they will want to sell me a policy through a partner company.

The only premium I have been quoted so far after fairly extensive searching is about twice the annual income of the club, so, um, that's a bit of a non-starter.

That is the problem, Rob, ours is 20% of our total annual income, and so far, all our research points to the other insurers being about the same, alas.