Festive Cruise

paulineb

Visit site
We went on the Penton Hookers P***-up on Saturday. There was about 8 boats in all and MrB and I had the pleasure of going on a lovely Van Lent - Mr B drove, so was a very happy bunny. She made a few grumpy noises to begin with, cos she hadn't been out for about a year, but soon settled down. It was a slow, sedate and very alcoholic trip from Chertsey to Staines bridge. Once Mr B got the hang of telling her what to do and then waiting 15 minutes for her to do it, it all went smoothly. Everyone tipped out of the boats into the Anne Boleyn Hotel (or as it was billed in the club newsletter, the Amberlin Hotel), for lots more drink, very mediocre lunch, lots more drink, followed by mince pie throwing (very childish and only the men involved!).

After about 4 hours it was time to take the boats back, only this time Mr B thought he would try to get the Van Lent onto the plane between Staines Bridge and the lock - heading straight for Essex Girl (driven by a very sober Chrispy), I've never seen so much smoke in my life. The two boats completely disappeared. Everyone got back to the clubhouse where festivities continued until Mrs Chrispy passed out.

A big thank you to Chrispy for driving us from/back to Brighton for the occasion. It was a great trip back, I closed my eyes in Chertsey and when I opened them, I was back at Brighton Marina.

Pxx

suzanne

Visit site
Re: You missed a bit

What about the bit where you flung yourself at chrispy and ended up stretched across him? What about the bit where we played pass the vodka/gin whilst going round the corner with MrB at times failing to turn the corner? Thank god though, you've forgot the bits regarding Mrs chrispy and just left it at her passing out! Did you see the size of her bruise?

Suzanne xXx

paulineb

Visit site
I've seen that programme before. It was filmed during the Commodore's Fly Past a couple of years ago. Most of the people shown on it didn't even belong to the club. It caused lots of uproar and an exchange of angry letters between PHYC and the Beeb. If I remember correctly, Ray B had a go at the Beeb over it in one of his regular articles at the back of MBY.

Pxx