Ferryman Diesel

G

Just bought an old (but running) 10hp Ferryman for our wooden restoration project. Just wonderd whether anyone had any info on these engines and any ideas where we may be able to get bits!?!
Also - how do we start to work out the best mast height for a 22ft wooden ex-lifeboat (we're planning to make one).

Many thanks

Ian

jollyjacktar

Visit site
Spelling?

I think that your spelling may have set you on the wrong tack. Try www.farymann.de You probably have one of these.

I have a 10hp? single cylinder in my yacht, as an auxilliary. Works well, economical, heavy, and almost impossible to hand crank [as a one man effort] to start in its present location. However using the electric self starter, much easier. It was overhauled by the previous owner not too long ago and I have only done about 40hrs running since I bought the boat, so I presume that parts are reasonably available.

G

Re: Spelling?

Absolutely right - thanks for the correction - only bought it yesterday (1 x cyl 10hp also) ! It has an electric start and seems to run very well. The site you suggested has numbers for distributors / service centers in the UK so I'll give them a go for the few bits we need.

Many thanks

Ian

G

Regarding the mast height: 1.35 ~ 1.65 of boat's waterline length. i.e.: if waterline is 21 ft; 21 x 1.35 = 28.35 ft. The higher the multiplier, the higher the mast, resulting in a more tender boat.