Feedback on Z-Ray IV 300 inflatable

RabT

Visit site
Has anyone purchased this dinghy from a seller called "The SportAngel"?
any feedback/comments and would a dinghy like this be suitable for Clyde waters?

I am looking to buy a foldable inflatable for an Albin Vega, wondering if this one could be folded into the cockpit locker?

Z-Ray IV 300 inflatable Dinghy - Sport Tender 248 cm

Not sure if I can insert links in this section, happy to remove it if it is against the rules.

eBay

dancrane

Visit site
Quart in a pint-pot

My pal and I took an Avon Redshank (12' long) on holiday to the Isle of Wight, back in 1998. A big inflatable, but we squished it into the miserable load space behind his VW Scirrocco's rear seat, without difficulty. The Avon pump, which it came with, was a formidable bit of kit, though ancient. It could be set up to extract air, so the flattened boat was really of minimal proportions. If the boat you're looking at is just 245cm (7'6"?), I'd be surprised if a decent pump won't reduce it to fit in the Vega's lockers. Nothing's more thankless than trying to compress something necessarily inflatable, into a tight space. But it can certainly be done.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Don't know the size of your locker nor this dinghy but the solid transom dictates that it will be larger than a round tail. Imagine folding the dinghy around that transom and you can probably make a guess at the final size.
Try asking for the shipping size, that will give another idea.

Tranona

Visit site
For very little more money you can get a higher quality inflatable from any of the UK chandlers, and you will be able to see it before you buy. The tubes look small diameter for the size of the boat. As already suggested if you want the smallest folded package then consider a round tail rather than a rigid transom.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I found this review on Amazon, October 2011

I purchased the Z-Ray II-300 a few weeks ago.
I had to alter the # 2 floor board as the edges of this board was cutting the floor fabric.
It was very difficult to install the floor
The inflatable keel was leaking air badly.
The main 3 air chambers are leaking air slowly.
The only good thing about this inflatable was the price.
I have not had in the water as of yet
Poor Chinese quality again
I would not buy it again

My main quibble with the manufacturer's information is that it fails to detail the material of construction or its thickness. You should be looking for 1000 Denier = 1100 Decitex, for robustness.