Fastnet

crazyuncle

Visit site
Does anyone know of any sailing schools/charter companies who are offering a training and sailing package for the 2005 Fastnet? I've come into a little money, not a fortune, but maybe enough to cover a place. I've tried a Google and found a couple, but there must be more.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
Many, if not most, offer Fastnet packages, and which is best for you depends on what you are looking for. Windward sailing probably have some of the most serious racing boats available

<hr width=100% size=1>

l'escargot

Visit site
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.formula1sailing.com/raceReg/fastnet/fastnet.htm>Formula One</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>
smallsnail.gif

tony_brighton

Visit site
Yes - I can recommend Windward.
If you can a complete crew together you could also do a deal for a boat for the whole campaign (qualifiers + the race).

<hr width=100% size=1>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Boss Sailing normally do the Fastnet on a FARR 65.

They also do there own Fastnet Rock Challenge weeks a couple of times a year. So if you are keen you could do a practice this year and do the real thing in 2005 !

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss-sail.co.uk> BOSS Sailing </A>

Would also recommend Formula 1 Sailing based at Haslar Gosport. Also FARR 65's and Reflex 38's.

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>

racingron

Visit site
I can recommend Formula 1. If you want to get really involved go on one of the Reflex 38's if you want to get around quicker (but be a smaller cog) go on one of their Farr 65's.

<hr width=100% size=1>

racingron

Visit site
I can recommend Formula 1. If you want to get really involved go on one of the Reflex 38's if you want to get around quicker (but be a smaller cog) go on one of their Farr 65's.
Also try H2O yachting - they're new but out and out racing is their thing. www.h2oyachting.com.

<hr width=100% size=1>

crazyuncle

Visit site
Re: R U sure?

Sounds good to me! You know how you get those phases in your life when you want to push the envelope? Well I'm at one at the moment. How does the old adage go: I'd rather regret the things I've done, rather than the things I haven't. Or words to that effect.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site

I can strongly recommend it - but choose your crew with care. You will be confined in close proximity to them for a long time in what can be quite stressful circumstances. A good skipper is essential.

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site

It isn't often vile for the whole trip - last time the passage down to Anvil was truly awful - just what you need when 2/3 of the crew haven't got their sea legs. Therafter it became more comfortable and by the time Alfa and Zephyrus finished (and the tail enders had passed the Wolf out bound!) it was a ghosting match.

IIRC, some crews do party in Plymouth...

<hr width=100% size=1>

racingron

Visit site

Who were you with? It was very light for the first 24 hours in 2003. Now in 2001 it was truly horrible for the first 24 hours - 30+ knots on the bow - dismastings and all sorts.

<hr width=100% size=1>

JonnyD

Visit site
Hi Crazy Uncle, if you are still interested in the 2005 Fastnet and qualifiers please contact me on JDExocet@aol.com. I will be doing it with a Beneteau First 40.7.
If you want to try the boat out we are entered in several cross channel races this year. Am based in Plymouth so don't know if this is convenient or not, regards John

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site

Oh dear - faitigue getting in the way ... getting my years muddled!

I wasnt racing (havent done so for decades), but a business acquaintance went on one of the Challenge Boats (as he'd paid to sponsor he felt he might as well go!).

<hr width=100% size=1>