Farymann parts

Pete_k

Visit site
I've got a Farymann diesel engine (very reliable, so far) but am struggling to find a dealer that can supply the nitty gritty parts that need changing, i.e. engine anode, and the odd gasket, parts that are generally different on all engines (so I am informed).

I've searched the net and the nearest one to me listed on the Farymann site doesn't seem to exist any longer, I don't want to end up having to get them from Germany!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

stan_the_man

Visit site
I used to have a Faryman in my old fishing boat.
The engine block is essentially a Kobuto which is a basic workhorse for small building site/agriculural plant plant. We ended up fitting a complete Volvo type fuel filter as the original element appeared obsolete.
Try a tractor dealer.

<hr width=100% size=1>

WayneS

Visit site
I have a 12HP Farymann and was always under the impression that she does not have an Anode. Please let me know where it is.

Anyway, two places to try.

Bill at MEC: 0118 940 1141 (Local chandler on the Thames near Henley. Faryman service agent and the most helpful person that I have met)

Diesel Power: 0208 648 0041

Also, look at http://www.farymann.de, they give a long list of agents.

Good luck

<hr width=100% size=1>

Pete_k

Visit site
Thanks for the help.

Have spoken with several dealerships today and the upshot is that the engine is based on the kubota z500 and marinized by nanni diesels and basically it is now obsolete (thats like a death sentence is it!!) well it runs purrfectly so I want to keep it that way. Main parts are still available ie pistons and injectors and the like its the marinization bits that are defunct.

The anode on my 12hp FK2M is at the front of the engine almost top dead centre there is some pipework coming from the water pump it leads into the thermostat housing (small rectangle cover plate about 2.5 inches by 1.5) on the right hand side is a bolt (mine is brass or bronze and not painted) this is the anode. If this is not clear enough I can get a digital picture of it and PM it to you.

<hr width=100% size=1>