Farewell Menorca

Hooligan

Visit site
Sounds like a great trip. Any plans for a Winter Berth ?
Hi. Will end up on the mainland down near Salerno. Probably should have actually stayed around Sardinia and gone down south especially but will do that next. Plans sort of got fixed before I realised and read MapisM blogs, videos etc etc!!!

MapisM

Visit site
That’s very good of you, thanks a lot. I’ll be in touch :encouragement:
Looking fwd to that!

Are you still in Budelli/Maddalena area?
If you are in doubt about whether go S along the W or the E coast of Sardinia, from there my choice would probably be the latter.
There are stunning spots along both routes, but the Orosei Gulf (roughly mid of the E coast) offers some really unique landscapes.
For more specific suggestions, just ask! :encouragement:

jrudge

Visit site
Just do what Mapism says ! E coast is nice. Only 1 Marina in the middle

Next Marina is round the corner near notteri. There is one pizza place. BOOK IT! It is packed and there is nowhere else !

Hooligan

Visit site
We were in Budelli the other night. Lovely place to stay for the evening but best not hang around during the day as the day tripper boats clearly place bets with each other on who can get closest to your boat at the highest speed as they pass by. Utterly miserable. We were approached at dusk by a very posh speedboat enticing us to a restaurant on the nearby island. Curiosity got the better of us so we decided to check it out for a sundowner. Knew we were in trouble when they didn't sell wine by the glass and the Petrus came in at 5k a bottle. Escaped with 6 beers 150 euros later. Other than that it was a fabulous place where people arrive on super yachts and helicopters and is booked out for July and August!! All part of the experience up here I guess����

terranova

Visit site
Hi. Will end up on the mainland down near Salerno. Probably should have actually stayed around Sardinia and gone down south especially but will do that next. Plans sort of got fixed before I realised and read MapisM blogs, videos etc etc!!!

Well, there's always next year - that's the good thing about having a floating home. I was in STG yesterday - you have a great spot in the marina, very sheltered and close to the car park :encouragement:

terranova

Visit site
Looking fwd to that!

Are you still in Budelli/Maddalena area?
If you are in doubt about whether go S along the W or the E coast of Sardinia, from there my choice would probably be the latter.
There are stunning spots along both routes, but the Orosei Gulf (roughly mid of the E coast) offers some really unique landscapes.
For more specific suggestions, just ask! :encouragement:

Thanks !

We are still in Marina Di Olbia at the moment (just having some warranty issues sorted) and will be setting off on our circumnavigation of Sardinia on July 1st. We'll be going anti-clockwise so will get to see both coastlines over the next few months. I'm really looking forward to it and have read, re-read and bookmarked your detailed posts about the area.

Along with the silly berthing prices around here in July & August, they have helped me to decide to explore 'down south' :cool:

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thanks !

We are still in Marina Di Olbia at the moment (just having some warranty issues sorted) and will be setting off on our circumnavigation of Sardinia on July 1st. We'll be going anti-clockwise so will get to see both coastlines over the next few months. I'm really looking forward to it and have read, re-read and bookmarked your detailed posts about the area.

Along with the silly berthing prices around here in July & August, they have helped me to decide to explore 'down south' :cool:

Wise decision. Marina di Olbia is OK and of course very close to the airport but there are far nicer places further south. +1 for the Gulf of Orisei. It really is a stunning bit of coastline, only really accessible by boat, with as crystal clear water as you'll find anywhere in the Med

IMG-0097-%281%29.jpg

A convenient stopover half way down the east coast is Santa Maria di Navarrese. Not wildly exciting but an easy day's run from Olbia. Then further south on the SE corner there is Villasimius which really is quite a nice marina with a choice of bars and restaurants and some local anchorages which will give you shelter from nearly every wind direction

Hooligan

Visit site
Well, there's always next year - that's the good thing about having a floating home. I was in STG yesterday - you have a great spot in the marina, very sheltered and close to the car park :encouragement:

Thanks for looking in on her. Had a bit of an arm wrestle with the marineras re two bow lines - assume two is norm in Sardinia like most in Balearics - and prevailed which made me happier. Love the atmosphere around port and found a great guy and his Dad to keep an eye on things and give her a wash down every now and again until I get back. Have fun on your voyage down South.