Farecla compound - which grade?

MoodySabre

Visit site
In preparation for the arrival of my new boat name vinyls from Csail I have today removed the old name and glue. Boat has a white hull. The old name is still clearly visible and is raised from the surrounding gel coat. I need to cut the whole area and Farecla White has been suggested. I realise that the old shape will never completely disappear. :( Is the G3 the right grade?

shoreshine

www.ashoreshine.co.uk
hello modysabre
you can use g3 or there is another farecla product called profile200 this will also remove the marks but you will have to use a polishing mahine with a compounding head to acheive best results a lambs wool pad might do it
good luck

Csail

N/A
Visit site
In preparation for the arrival of my new boat name vinyls from Csail I have today removed the old name and glue. Boat has a white hull. The old name is still clearly visible and is raised from the surrounding gel coat. I need to cut the whole area and Farecla White has been suggested. I realise that the old shape will never completely disappear. :( Is the G3 the right grade?

Really confused now.maybe i mixed your order up!!!
Give me a call. by the way feracula is the best.

capetown

Visit site

I think cutting compounds will never remove the raised sections that have not been eroded
over the years.

This is how I levelled mine off, started with 400 W&D, then through the grades to 2000.
Wrapped the W&D around a ridgid sanding block, a car number plate cut to a size that I could control but long enough so that it's longer than the area you need to remove, this follows any contours, it goes without saying that no W&D at the ends.

Then compounded with G3.

It worked for me.

FullCircle

Visit site
Roger, suggest you use acetone first to remove all the old glue, which it isnt if you still have a raised area.

The either Farecla G3 or 3M Finesse-It (which is what Car Show prearation firms use). Be sparing, as they are both abrasive (very slightly) and you will be removing the gel coat, albeit very small amounts.
To deep clean the GRP, use Oxalic or Y10 if you want a tub of the stuff. This ought to bring the sun load affected areas back to something like similar in tone and shade.
Use soft muslin.

You can, if you are careful, use a rotating polisher.