Fantastic weekend

Gavi

Visit site
This has been our first good weather weekend of the year. And how nice to meet some people.

We've helped out rental boats, met Brad (4 times) and Tony (once - he looked a bit relaxed /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) , had lots of banter in locks, given a few people their first experiences on The Thames, grounded once (my fault, trying to pick up a walking friend, hope I haven't hurt the prop... another thread needed), and most importantly I have a very happy wife.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the year. How about everyone else?

Cliveshep

Visit site
Ha..............lucky you! Ours was a s&@t weekend. SWMBO sat revising Uni work for an exam and as it's (almost) that time of month was irritable, stressed, ratty and generally unliveablewith! This morning I cooked whole family "big breakfast", just laid table, everything cooked and staying warm in oven, except for the eggs which I'd do once cereal had been eaten. Called herself from cockpit to come and eat, starting with cereal, kids already sat and salivating, said she didn't want cereal and make sure here egg was properly cooked, i.e. solid! Told her it wasn't a cafe and husbands do the best they can but she should come and cook her own egg to make sure it was how she wanted it. Response was delayed but far from entertaining. She came crashing into saloon, threw pan into sink, grabbed clean pan, put in oil, cooked four eggs together, sort of, accompanied by everything being thrown into sink, including box of eggs, plates, utensils etc, slammed food onto plates, with lots of shouting and swearing, decided she didn't want to eat anyway, scraped untouched plate of mushrooms, bacon tomatoes, toast and egg directly into bin, stormed back out to cockpit still swearing and "I hate you" etc. The shouting went on for 30 mins or so, thank god we were anchored and not moored up near others. Kids just averted eyes and ate silently. I was so upset I couldn't face mine either so it too went into the bin eventually.

Took her about 2 hours to calm right down but couldn't understand when I told her I didn't want to talk to her any more. I and the kids just hauled anchor, started engine, turned round and headed home. We'd had enough. Right now I'm seriously thinking about selling the boat now as this is not the first time we've had a pre-menstrual hot-tempered SWMBO storming around swearing and banging things and being cooped-up afloat gives none of us space to get away from it. The problem is she can't handle stress without getting ratty, and her Uni work is, frankly, more than she can cope with. It ruined our whole weekend.
As I said to the kids, I wish she'd wash-out and give it up and settle back down again. Am I wrong?

Gavi

Visit site
Oh no! Sounds like bigger issues than the forum can solve, but they are funny things, women, ain't they (SWMBOs.... would love to know a female view on this).

We all have bad days and I hope this was one of them.

Best Wishes

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ha..............lucky you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you take a 17 year old Swedish Blue Eyed Blonde home with you and sit cuddling and canoodling on the sofa. Give your wife a wink and ask her would she mind bunking with the kids that night as you will need the bedroom. All this will make your wife realise how lucky she is to have you and all will be sweetness and light there-after.

theguvnor

Visit site
The weekend was the start of "pay back time" All the [--word removed--] weather, cleaning & cheque writing seems to slip ones mind on a weekend like that!

AliM

Visit site
A female view for Cliveshep...

Wait till the PMT and the exam have passed - it's not helpful to say that her bad mood is down to PMT (or exam stress) at the time!

Then sit down with her and explain that it's affecting the kids (because she should react better to that than if it looks as if you are being selfish). Be sympathetic - it's undoubtedly even more miserable for her than it is for you. Suggest she gets medical help for the PMT. Make sure that it is her who makes the decisions - if she feels that you are forcing them on her, it can only make things worse. Work out with her how to cope with the stress. If the boat is part of the problem, then deal with that. It could be part of teh solution, if you handle it right.

I hope it works for you.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Spent Saturday in traffic on the M25, serves us right for driving on Derby Day. Still, upshot is a newer/better fridge for Jedi. Now to work out how to get it in and then make the galley look nice again afterwards.

Rain between 09/06 and 17/06 has now been declared illegal, lest it muck up my cleaning/antifouling/wood prettying/engine fixing marathon session.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Flatbed Thursday. Gave up on the weather as it stated to look like indefinate leave until weather good and not totally trusting S/H engine so a fretful trip.

Pain really, flatbed has no dead mileage to fund as I got the trip for £400 + Gordon's share but even with that its still over £1K water to water. Tne comes Envag's share:-(

bradtarga34

Visit site
Absolutely fantastic weather this weekend! Had friends over from Oz that we took up to Windsor and they then flew back to Oz on the Saturday night after a nice leisureley cruise, where we saw Brendan looking rather chilled out. They couldn't believe that good ol' England could actually turn on such good weather, so they went home with a different impression of the usual doom and gloom. Off on our Channel islands trip next week, so fingers crossed for some more lovely sunshine /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif