Fantasie 19 Robert Tucker

G

Greetings:

I'm one of probably only a few Americans sailing the Robert Tucker designed Fantasie 19 bilge-keeler. Very difficult to get any information on this boat over here. Can anyone share details?

Boat has all the seaworthy traits I was looking for and seems a better choice than all our production trailerables.

Kid

G

family friends had one here in ireland about 20+ years ago. they seemed very happy too. the owner was a school teacher and also instructed at the sailing school. pretty boat his was glass and made by robt ives ltd. never saw another one surprised you have one in uncle sam land. is yours wood?

G

Leslie,

Thanks for the reply. Mine is glass. 1970, apparently. Has a nice outboard well, roomy cabin, small cockpit, lots of nice features. It has iron fin keels and a center stub 420# bilge keel (total displ. 1568# or 710kg). All are quite rusted. I hope they stay put!

Kid

G

I owned a fantasie for about 5 years and thought it was a great (if small) yacht, it sailed almost like a dingy, we could get about 4.5 knots on a good run.

Mine was built in 1971, it had a few modifications such as roller reefing genoa, roller furling on the main, new windows (that were put in by the previous owner and not done very well at that!

The three keels were very sound on my boat and never suffered any problems, not bad considering it had been in the water permanently for over 8 years.

It also had an outboard well, I had a plug to fit into this when sailing, I never bothered though because it was too much trouble.

It also suffered from a very narrow beam, which made accomodation cramped, but cosy and it did seem to bob about on the water a lot!

All in all, a very good boat for the money, I paid about 1800 pounds(about 8 years ago) with a grp tender, two outboards and as much safety equipment and accessories you could fit into it! - it was a bargain at the time, you'll get many happy nautical miles out of her - a similar design, the 17 foot Caprice has been known to circumnavigate, however I wouldn't advise it!!!

Happy Sailing

Sean Foster (UK)

G

I have one which I bought as my first boat having sailed dinghies. I was looking for something which was nippy yet stable, and it seemed huge after a Wayfarer. She is a great boat for her size and dries out very well. I have some reprints from PBO, a review from when she was first built which is also available via the reprint service, as well as some promotional literature and documentation from the builder-- Robert Ives in Cornwall. She is very strongly bult and sails a lot better with the hatch in situ in the engine well. She will see of a Seawych any day. Mine is sadly up for sale as I now feel confident enough to sail something a lot bigger. Do get in touch if you would like some of the stuff I have.

Wireman

Visit site
Fantasie 19

I would be very grateful if you could supply me with any information on the Fantasie 19 footer!

I'm in the process of renovating this type of yacht and require as much help about this type of yacht as I can get my hands on!

Many thank

John (wireman)

SleepyII

Visit site
i would apreciate to get any help

I want to give it the most original Look that it had when built in
1976 (?)

I'd appreciate all informations, pictures, tips of/for the Look of an
original Fantasie 19-Design from the Mid 70s

regards
Harry
Germany

pgurnett

Visit site
The Fantasie 19 was designed by Robert Tucker as a 19ft triple keel marine ply cruiser, perfect for coastal and estuary cruising. This tough little boat was soon adopted by Aquaboats who had them made of GRP and sold them successfully during the 70's and 80's. They are still a providing a cheap & safe introduction to sailing 40 years on.

From PBO publication 'Which Boat' -
"LOA 19ft. LWL 16ft, Beam 6.25ft, Draft (twin) 2ft, Displacement 1568lb, Ballast 545lb, Sail area 150sqft, Construction GRP, Headroom 4.4ft, Engine o/b 4-6hp, Designer Robert Tucker, Builder Aquaboats. FOR- Attractive, well made, three berth twin keeler with practical outboard well, skeg mounted rudder and good directional stability. AGAINST - Sails at high angle of heel. Lack of stowage below. After deck reduces cockpit space."

Mark-1

Visit site
Is there a FB Owners group or similar for the Fantasie 19? I got a couple of shots of one sailing beautifully today and I'd like to try to reunite them with the owner (in a post yourboatpics world!)

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Is there a FB Owners group or similar for the Fantasie 19? I got a couple of shots of one sailing beautifully today and I'd like to try to reunite them with the owner (in a post yourboatpics world!)

There is.. for my sins I am the admin... :D

Fantasie 19 Owners Group | Facebook

If you want to post them here I'm happy to transfer..