Falmouth needs YOU - pls read.

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
We were thinking of going right West, Scilly again if poss, this summer, that or France.
I think the Normans and Bretons can have our money instead of FHC- marina fees for 37' for a couple of days, plus leccy if cold, pasties, pints for 2-4 most nights, stock up on 'heavies' fo Scilly, poss. crew change overnight b&b too, maybe a nice meal and a Museum visit+ a Treago Mills shop for guest oilies, oh it all adds up, doesnt it- will check out the petition when SWMbo over her cold.

They really don't learn from the successful French, Dutch and German Harbour business models do they-'Amateur Night at the OK Corral' just like most other local "Authorities" in the UK- Inflated CEO salaries for mediocre(at best) incumbents, failure to plan for PP Scheme deficits looming ahead by seeking legislation changes in good time, oh I could go on.
How UK PLC misses the ordinary people of the generation that came back from the War, passed on their positive, pragmatic 'have to do it' to a couple of generations of us, but are gone from Public Life- looking back they made it (and us youngsters) work, never mind the ones on top.
Ah, well, FimbulWinter & Ragnarok are coming.

Ah, now there's a stirring name! War of the Gods, IIRC?
I named the evil baddy's boat that in my novel (which will be completed by Christmas (20??.......)

Ripster

Visit site
Finally done it - I think the catcha may have been changed to a more straight forward row of numbers - much better.

Birdseye

Visit site
I am not up to speed on what has been happening in Falmouth. I have a HA mooring there and the cost has increased which is always unwelcome, but its 5% which I cant describe as massive. So presumably the massive increase applies to private moorings only and I have heard say 25% uplift. Is this correct. But whats all this about forcing people off their private mooring../ How can the HA do that when the mooring licence presumably is from the crown estates?

Anyone like to summarise what actually is happening?

One thing I do know by the way - they have moved the moorings closer together so more problems with boats hitting each other this year.

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
I am not up to speed on what has been happening in Falmouth. I have a HA mooring there and the cost has increased which is always unwelcome, but its 5% which I cant describe as massive. So presumably the massive increase applies to private moorings only and I have heard say 25% uplift. Is this correct. But whats all this about forcing people off their private mooring../ How can the HA do that when the mooring licence presumably is from the crown estates?

Anyone like to summarise what actually is happening?

One thing I do know by the way - they have moved the moorings closer together so more problems with boats hitting each other this year.

No criticism intended, but IIRC doesn't the bottom in them thar parts belong to (and hence rented by) The Duchy of Cornwall?
Not that that seems to affect the H.A. Barstweards.

trying

Visit site
seven digit number ... space.... three alpha numeric digits.... exactly as it appeared was what I had to type in... it worked