Falcon Boats?

cngarrod

Visit site
Is there a website for Falcon boats? Can't find one anywhere.. they seem to hold their value quite well and was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of them?

Also anyone know much about the Searay Sundancers and build quality.. i know some early Bayliners get a bit of a slating!

Cheers,

Craig.

DepSol

Visit site
The FIL has a 23SPC. Nice boat goes well and has certainly seen some rough weather. He has the phone number of the guy who originally built them as he spoke to him a few years back.

Good all rounder for its size with quite good storage.

Dom

cngarrod

Visit site
Re: Falcon!

right boats.. i wish! perhaps a little bit out of my league!

Guess you looked at these before you went for the Leopard?

Cheers,

Craig

tcm

Visit site

bit big for me! They used to do 70 footers, now just the one model 26m, but a flybridge-only.

Tell the truth, I hardly looked at anything in any detail but S of france seems to have leopard more than others at this size, and Leopard were quite snooty for the first few times right up until i sentem some money. By contrast, all the others grovelled and sent free tickets for things and brochures which erm isn't exactly a thorough evaluation....

Rich_S2

Visit site
I've got a 22spc with Aq211 on duoprops. Quality of mouldings v/good and gel coat still looks good at ten+ years old. Have had 30knts recorded by gps but last season speed was down to 25 no reason found so far as now laid up. V8 engine boats are tail heavy and benefit from trim tabs didn't get much effect from leg power trim. 23spc was covered in MBM I think a couple of months ago. Check out their copy shop.
Think the founders of this company cut their teeth on Brooms.

ps Anyone know how to get a Rochester carb off a 211? There's one nut right under the float chamber that you cant get to for love nor money!

Rich.

tcm

Visit site

the rules change at 24m and start needing more quals than ICC or straight rya powerboat things done in 20-60 footers. But yes, it suddenly become rather a lot of hoovering anyway....

cngarrod

Visit site
Wot no dyson?

Would have thought at the size / price.. the carpets would be self hoovering...

Doesn't it come with one of those little robot gizmo's that hoover up?

C

If not.. get the staff to do it

tcm

Visit site
Re: dyson pah!

It has a built-in vacuum system with the central power unit in the engine space, and outlets on the deck and in the saloon. The covers of the outlets have been painted to colour-match so you don't notice them.

What a flash git I am. I am enjoying this boat already!

cngarrod

Visit site
I am humbled....

i conceed.. that is real flash!

Bet that is one of the main reasons you opted to buy it... the savings you woudl make on buying a Vac.. and the free cutlery!

tcm

Visit site
Re: cost justification process

the cutlery, mainly.

Actually, no, the real reason, well you mustn't tell anyone. In St Trop old port, during the summer, all the massive boats turn up. The harbour authorities love it, good for business. So they tell all the little boats to get lost: You can't reserve in St Tropez harbor July/aug unless your boat is 21.5 metres long, otherwise the nice lady on the VHF shrills that "you are not long enough M'sieur!" Cheeky cow. Next year....