Fairline Targa 40 Fuel Tank Removal

channelviewer

Visit site
I have a 2005 T40 with a leak on starboard fuel tank. I am hoping that removal of the garage floor will give enough room to get the tank out in front of the D6 engines.
Has anyone carried out this work or advise that it is feasible.
Many thanks

bluetooth

Visit site
I have a 2005 T40 with a leak on starboard fuel tank. I am hoping that removal of the garage floor will give enough room to get the tank out in front of the D6 engines.
Has anyone carried out this work or advise that it is feasible.
Many thanks
Sadly I think you will need both engines out. You have to take Port engine out to get the SB engine out because of the garage position and gate to cockpit. The tank is verging a metre high and 1.5m long so can't see how you can manipulate it otherwise. The support pole in front of SB engine will also have to be removed.

Do post updates and hope it goes well.

If you do take engines out do a thorough overall of them and the engine room areas that are otherwise hard to get at

A fellow T40 owner

PlanB

Visit site
Don't know the T40, but I have seen a boat where they cut a whole in the side to fix the tank and then made good. It seemed a bit drastic at the time.

danieleither

Visit site
Sadly I think you will need both engines out. You have to take Port engine out to get the SB engine out because of the garage position and gate to cockpit. The tank is verging a metre high and 1.5m long so can't see how you can manipulate it otherwise. The support pole in front of SB engine will also have to be removed.

Do post updates and hope it goes well.

If you do take engines out do a thorough overall of them and the engine room areas that are otherwise hard to get at

A fellow T40 owner

I'd say the tank height is more like 500mm - 600mm, but length sounds about right. I'm surprised it won't lift out through the garage floor looking at mine, but it's just my opinion.

bluetooth

Visit site
Not been down my T40 since thread started but given the measurements stated are u sure this won't fit through the access hatch? Thinking about this further it suddenly dawned on me!

Bandit

Visit site
We have replaced fuel tank in a Targa 40 but the engines were already out. We don't believe you could get the tanks out with the engines in situ.