FAIRLINE TARGA 34 Vs. FAIRLINE TARGA 43

Visit site
So having searched high and low for a decent (full history, all receipts, KAD300s, bow & stern thruster, all the factory options etc etc) Targa 34, then having spent 3 years getting it as near perfect as possible with new covers, rebuilt outdrives, led lights, TV/dvd, teak and s/s upgrades all over the place, underwater lights, new tachos (- not having working hour meters drove me mad!) and more preventative maintenance than you can shake a stick at, we are thinking of upgrading!

We like the Targa 34 so much we want to stay with the same sort of look and layout of a traditional fast looking sports boat with great sea handling.

We just want something a bit bigger, not more cabins or bunks, just a bit bigger, we also want an aft sunpad and a tender garage, shaft drive would be a bonus.

The Targa 43 seems to be the weapon of choice it is just that I am a bit worried about it being too slow!

Our Targa 34 genuinely struggles to cruise under about 23/24 knots due the the s/chargers being on but will sit at 27-30+ knots all day, a fast cruise being low 30s but with a top speed of 39/40knots at the start of the season we still top out at 36/37knots late season with a bit of slime on the bottom.

So those of you who have or have had Targa 43s with the big KAMD 74/75s 480hp (I am not even considering the small engine boats) what are the real world comfortable cruising speeds and early season clean (but loaded) top speed?

If course if it is quick enough then selling ours and the search for a decent one with all the right spec, history and papers begins!

Any helpful comments or considerations also appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

crazy4557

Visit site
Bournemouth Air Show back to Lymington in mine yesterday 28 knots all the way without a problem.
With a bigger boat you won't want to blast everywhere at 35 knots cause it will hurt at the pumps!

Solitaire

Visit site
I have skippered this Targa 34 on two sea trials. The latest being yesterday. What a great boat! Handled some pretty turbulent water due to the wash from two large container ships in Southampton water and associated wash from other boats like a dream. Although I didn't actually see the speed, I was busy concentrating on what was ahead of me, I have it on good authority that we exceeded 39 knots. Held this speed for some time and not a change in engine temps. Happy cruising speed of 28 knots with the new potential owner having a grin from ear to ear. I will be taking her round to RK on Tuesday to have her lifted for hull survey, which it will pass with no problem, it did the first time! Sadly I won't be able to enjoy her full potential this time! The new owner has got himself a super "new" boat!

jrudge

Visit site
We are in Mallorca. The most t43s I have ever see. In one place is portals. The place seems packed with them! It might. E a decent place to start looking.

Nice boat. Decent space. It's on shafts which is nice.

jrudge

Visit site
We are in Mallorca. The most t43s I have ever see. In one place is portals. The place seems packed with them! It might. E a decent place to start looking.

Nice boat. Decent space. It's on shafts which is nice.