Fairline sever links with Peters!!!!

Callisto

Visit site
Gotta be honest if they are as stuck up their own a*se as they were last year I won't even bother going to the stands.

They had gone the same way as Sunskr and had perspex barriers to stop people getting aboard and having a look around. Can't stand that sort of attitude......if they don't want visitors to the boats......don't bring them. It's a public show after all.

OK so they want to stop the total time wasters but how can they tell who they are. How do they identify the potential genuine customer.........look for Sebago shoes or some other dead give away for a rich buyer???? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Had a lovely welcome from Broom though. Asked if would like to come aboard......I was honest and told the salesman that the boat was totally out of my league but his response was "come aboard anyway......you never know.....may win the lottery on saturday!" What a refreshing attitude. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still look forward to the show though.

JH

[2068]

Visit site
I too hated the perspex barriers. Couldn't even be bothered to try to get past them. Although this year, I might try, answering "F2 Xantos 310 Freeride" (actually a windsurf board) and "In the garage" to their two standard qualification questions.

Sunseeker seemed quite open/friendly by comparison. They were guarding the bigger v.expensive stuff, but allowing people to clamber over most of the range in the same way that Sealine do. It was only Fairline that stuck out like a school blazer on the beach.

dv.

stelican

Visit site
What a shame that the now defunct Marine Sales UK(with the lost of jobs for 20 staff) are not able to benefit from this move.They used to sale 40+new Fairlines a year. There certainly seem to be fewer new Fairlines around the south coast marinas now.

mirage

www.ttp.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if the Peters "cut" is removed, we'll see Fairline prices becoming more competetive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink, flap, flap.

As a distributor who has had products pulled because the manufacturer starts to begrudge loosing our margin & then decide to start selling direct, I have found that they normally come unstuck.

Manufacturers think that selling is easy & it maybe it is for a short time while living off the work the distributor has done in the past.

ari

Visit site
Re: Yeeha!

I notice mine have gone too, without so much as the courtsey of being told why. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Not impressed... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

tiger_tim

www.boatmatch.com

Only because you didn't engage in the lively debate.Enjoy YOUR forum....Brendan....and all without regard to abusive language.........PS Ari I enjoy your posts and challenges...sorry they did not give you reasons for flaming...ask Brendan its HIS forum......cheers Tim

ari

Visit site

Never did answer the question tho I notice Tim.

Guess you're just a listing service after all. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif