Fairline Carpets

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I believe that for some years it was impossible to get the Ege Gigante carpet that was originally fitted to Fairline boats (like mine) of the early 2000's. The good news is that Headland Carpets (original FL carpet supplier) are now able to supply a carpet that is VERY similar (I can't say identical without being on board) to the original.

IMG_20190209_120307%20%281%29.jpg

If anyone's interested then Lee Misciali at Headland carpets will be pleased to help.

Pete

N.B. I'm not sponsored or anything by these guys, just thought this might be helpful.

scubaman

Visit site
Do you know what material the loops (wool?) and the backing are (synthetic)? I'm asking as I was offered a choice between a synthetic and non synthetic backing, and was advised that the non synthetic is prone to start smelling if used in places where condensation is a possibility. I chose the synthetic option of course, but still after one season there is a very slight odour I've never had before.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Do you know what material the loops (wool?) and the backing are (synthetic)? I'm asking as I was offered a choice between a synthetic and non synthetic backing, and was advised that the non synthetic is prone to start smelling if used in places where condensation is a possibility. I chose the synthetic option of course, but still after one season there is a very slight odour I've never had before.

I'm no expert but it appears to be wool with a synthetic plasticy backing. It's very nice stuff.