Extra Green to Plymouth

seedog

Visit site
Slippped Extra Green out in Bristol this evening. Taking her down to Plymouth which I am really looking forward to. I have to say I think she and I will be a lot happier there. The single handed sailing options are really good and I am really looking forward to exploring the south Devon/Cornwall coast. Since my post on coming round from Plymouth I realised lots of people in BC forum also get around there. Since there isn't a regional forum for South Devon/ Cornwall any one any suggestions on places to go. I've sussed the Tamar and Newton Ferrers are pretty good but I'm sre there are loads of inlets and creeks that are unmissable.

snowleopard

Visit site
a) post this on Scuttlebutt as there are lots of us West Country folk on there.

b) get a copy of Mark Fishwick's book

c) if it's possible for your boat to take the ground there are quite a few really nice places to visit, e.g. St Michael's Mount, River Avon (S Devon)

Anwen

Visit site
I think if you are based in Bristol, Plymouth is a very viable option for a base to sail from. We found that with both of us working, and being the other side of the channel, it became too much to make the journey down each weekend, but friends living in Clevedon were able to get to their boat in under 2 hours.

I really enjoyed sailing down there, and the only problem we had was our lack of experience, which made us less adventurous than we would be now. Enjoy it - I hope to get Deep Joy back down there at some point after I have retired!