Exporting Boat to Denmark

broadcaster

Visit site
Hi,

My collegue in Denmark would like to ship a sailing boat from the UK (Chichester) to Denmark (Copenhagen). Does anybody know a cheap way of doing this or some contacts for a quote. It is 27' long, beam 9'1" and draft 4'3". I have been quoted by road around £4K+VAT so far.

Also although Denmark is in the EU, are there any rules or taxes other than VAT which anybody knows about.

If there are any pro skippers keen on transporting the boat, please send me a PM.

Thanks

Andy

<hr width=100% size=1>

Deep_6

Visit site
It might be worth while asking him to get a quote from Bluewater Shipping in Esbjerg and overland from there to say Kolding and put her in the water there.

<hr width=100% size=1>

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site
Last year I was involved in two international boat movements between UK and Scandinavia. Because both UK and Denmark are in the EU, there should be no extra restriction of movement of boats between the two countries than there are within the countries. However, the road delivery company I used had experience of many problems at customs when crossing borders, and recommended extra bits of paper than strictly required that helped to smooth the crossings. This was their list for road transport...

As you mentioned, evidence of VAT status. You can find details <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hmce.gov.uk/forms/notices/ukyachts.htm>here</A>.

A signed letter from the owner giving the driver permission to be in possession of the boat on the dates the delivery takes place.

The sale contract between the old and new owner.

If the boat goes by sea, then all the normal bits of paper for international sailing will be required...

The boat should be registered. As I presume this boat is changing ownership, the new Danish owner should get the boat registered in Denmark.

Insurance certifiicate.

Danish VHF licence.

Danish ensign.

As for road transport, VAT status evidence and a letter giving the skipper permission to be in possession of the boat if the skipper is not the owner.

If going by road the delivery driver will need to be able to access all spaces on the boat to check for drugs etc, so must have all keys. They will not cross a border with active customs checks without this.

If everything is prepared correctly and all paperwork in place, an international delivery within the EU is not a problem. A good delivery company with international experience will also make sure everything is correct before the delivery takes place anyway.

<hr width=100% size=1>One day, I want to be a real sailor. In the mean time I'll just keep trying.