Expensive diesel on the river

Fjord John

Visit site
Definitely correct as I can see the price from my mooring, the price must have gone up yesterday or today, bad timing on my part.
Yep, I paid the 195ppl at penton yesterday and only noticed my berth holder discount wasn’t applied when I got back to my mooring. Grrr! Trying to get a refund…

Momac

Visit site
Where my boat is located (River Trent) some folks continue as before but it seems to me fewer boats are moving this year .
I can only guess the price of fuel is keeping folks in the marina.

Bran

Visit site
Yep, I paid the 195ppl at penton yesterday and only noticed my berth holder discount wasn’t applied when I got back to my mooring. Grrr! Trying to get a refund…
Strangely the lady serving me said that someone served before me had not got the discount applied correctly. Hoped it would be sorted Monday when the offices staff return!

Momac

Visit site
Reduced leisure boat traffic is potentially giving C&RT ans EA excuses for doing less leading to decline in infrastructure leading to fewer boats .
Use it or lose it .

Fjord John

Visit site
Strangely the lady serving me said that someone served before me had not got the discount applied correctly. Hoped it would be sorted Monday when the offices staff return!
Thanks Bran, yep fingers crossed. I’m taking the boat to sea next week and can’t really afford to pay £2 a litre for the amount we’ll burn!

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Perhaps a little tour on a nice reach in a small pulling dinghy would suffice.

These days one can propel small craft with motors driven by elastic trickery.

Bigger boats tend to need fossil but there is the option of doing it in smaller boats.

I suppose it depends on priorities and what makes one tick.

oldgit

Visit site
plus c'est la même chose..............
......its the same tired old refrain ?
Ages ago it was common to hear more "mature" boaters bewailing the fact that the price of Red was once 10p a good honest english gallon and it had gone up now to something outrageous as 20p a foreign litre ( £1.00 a gallon) and this was the reason their boats rarely moved these days.

Nothing to do with the fact they were all getting old and have alienated over the years anybody likely to go boating with them.
Wives long ago gave up pretending they were the least bit interested in anything to do with boats or boating ! :)

Fjord John

Visit site
Hi Bran, after a little chase on Wednesday they did the refund, so that’s good. Otherwise would have been over a grand to fill her up. And I do agree with OG’s sentiment that there’s little point moaning, but It is quite cathartic to have a winge sometimes. The weather is a prime example. Plus my partner is, luckily, still pretending to enjoy the boat. A couple of upgrades may have helped (the boat, that is).

Last edited:

Windy_Stu

Visit site
Is the guy at Staines still selling?... i wonder what price he is at... never seen desil more that petrol .... Im on Optim contract thing so no berth holder discount.... :-(