Exmoor Tech and Wave wifi RoguePro

Rtimmorris

Visit site
Having bought a system from Exmoor Tech at substantial cost a couple years ago, and following installation, I was never overly pleased with the results, though it did provide me with better signals than a coat hanger!! Problem is that after a long break from use, the links I have on various iPads, no longer seem to hook into their system. Some months of regular and multiple phone calls, and several emails to the Exmoor Tech owner, I am in limbo. I cannot connect to the 'system'. Any ideas anyone? Not too tech savvy, so be gentle with me. Tia, Tim

sarabande

Visit site
They have moved office from their Exmoor base down to Exeter. 01392 984131

Phone is being answered.

Nothin' to do with me BTW.

Rtimmorris

Visit site
They are advertising numbers in Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth. Each time I have tried with one exception, all lines divert to an answering service. The girl appears helpful, but ultimately, no calls are returned. I have even offered to pay for tech help in case they are motivated better that way. Having "online chatted" with WaveWiFi in the states, they are saying they no longer have representation in Europe !!! Exmoor-Tech are proving to be an unreliable bunch.

Rtimmorris

Visit site
Exmoor-Tech; Wave WiFi RoguePro

Having bought a system from Exmoor-Tech at substantial cost a couple years ago, and following installation, I was never overly pleased with the results, though it did provide me with better signals than a coat hanger!! Problem is that after a long break from use, the links I have on various iPads, no longer seem to hook into their system. Some months of regular and multiple phone calls, and several emails to the Exmoor Tech owner, I am in limbo. I cannot connect to the 'system'. Any ideas anyone? Not too tech savvy, so be gentle with me. Tia, Tim

Rtimmorris

Visit site
Re: Exmoor-Tech; Wave WiFi RoguePro

Thanks, Not on the boat at the mo, but will try in a day or two. Nothing happens if I try it on my iPad at home.

aussi

www.eboatcards.com
Re: Exmoor-Tech; Wave WiFi RoguePro

Thanks, Not on the boat at the mo, but will try in a day or two. Nothing happens if I try it on my iPad at home.
You will have to be directly connected to the RoguePro to access that address (not via the Internet).

Also check that the RoguePro is powered - you should see green lights on the side of the casing near the base. If there are no lights, check that you have connected the POE cable to the Ethernet cable coming out. It has a single socket and two 'tails' and looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 14.59.50.png

Plug one tail into the network port (Ethernet) on your laptop and the other into the 12V power supply from the boat.