Exhaust Hose Supplier in Southampton

MacMan

sailtoanywhere.blogspot.com
So just when you think you have everything nailed for the season something else crops up...

Today I found a leak in my Exhaust hose - on a Yanmar 3GM on a Prout Quest 33.

I think I need 50 mm (Internal Diameter) - 3 metres long.

I tried Shamrock Quay Chandlery and Force 4 at Bursledon but neither could help today (Sunday). Marine Power don't have this kind of thing on their website.

I need go down and get this sorted on Tuesday as this is launch day for me - any suggestions on the best place to get this from? Anywhere nearest to Kemps Quay on the Itchen would be great.

Also any tips ? It would seem straight forward but happy to benefit from lessons someone else has learnt the hardway.

thanks in advance

MacMan

Thanks everyone - plenty of options there

I knew there was a reason for having the boat in Southampton and have a view of all the industrial estates - hopefully one of these guys can help me out

Cheers, Mark

prv

Visit site
Thanks - it's getting the old one off which might be more a concern !

Mine slid off the engine easily enough, but I did have to carefully take a hacksaw to it to remove it from the various waterboxes, swan-necks, etc. Sidecutters also handy. Make sure you have both of those with you.

For getting hoses onto things, Wickes sell a rubber-safe lubricant intended for use with domestic soil pipes that have O-rings in them. I bought a bottle when I rebuilt my bathroom, but have since found it quite handy on the boat too. The new exhaust hose didn't pose any real difficulty though.

We're also lifting in from Kemp's on Tuesday - but I don't remember seeing a cat in the yard :confused:

Pete

MacMan

We're also lifting in from Kemp's on Tuesday - but I don't remember seeing a cat in the yard :confused:

Pete

Agree the Engine side looks "easy" - it the waterlock side that look more challenging. I'll take a long a range of cutters, hacksaws and widgets ;-)

I am actually next door to you in Quayside which is why you haven't seen me in Kemps yard - it's just most people haven't heard of Quayside but no Kemps as it's more of a "proper" Marina ;-)

Last edited:

prv

Visit site
I am actually next door to you in Quayside which is why you haven't seen me in Kemps yard - it's just most people haven't heard of Quayside but no Kemps as it's more of a "proper" Marina ;-)

Ah hah :)

I guess we'll both be going in at the top of the tide, so will probably be too busy to notice a catamaran dangling in the air at the other side of the yard. But I'll wave hello if I spot it :)

Pete

MacMan

How I go on ...

I thought you might all like to know... And may help others searching the forum in the future.

Well Golden Arrow didn't have the parts and according them they wouldn't normally stock, Portmere rubber needed 5/7 days to make so no good for me but Vitesse came up trumps (but at a cost!)

The actual installation was surprisingly easy, both the old hose coming off and the new one going on was easier than I thought - and the 51mm Inside Diameter is what I needed. I also brought two new clips from Vitesse whilst I was ther to do the job properly.

Thanks, all for your help, and here to some great cruising over Easter/May BH !