Exhaust Hose and Fuel

pmorris

Visit site
Is there different qualities of exhaust hose? I think that it has to be lloyds approved , but what I was worried about was the flexability, (and cost). At the moment the system consists of a length of hose which drops below the engine and then rises to the top of the cocpit locker before descending to the skin fitting at the rear. In the last section as it begins to drop, its split and a rubberpeice is fitted in, which is about 6" in diameter 12" long and inside is a cone shape facing downwards with splits all around it, (I assume this is to restrict water being push up the hose in a following sea. Is this system ok or does it need a bit of modernisation

Also what are or where can I find the regulations for fuel systems. At the moment its just braided clear hose jubilee clipped onto small lengths of pipe screwed into the different component. ie. fueltank,lift pump, filter and injector pump. I imagine this isn't up to spec.

Thanks for any help, Paul.

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
The item in the final section of the exhaust system is an "Elastomufler" . Ours fell apart years ago. We initialy replaced it with a plain piece of hose but later put a Vetus water trap up close to the engine. I think the Elastomufler is still available though. The fuel pipe should be copper. A plastic one will melt in the event of a fire.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple>Ne te confundant illegitimi.</font color=purple>

Heckler

Visit site
asap-supplies.com sell the pucker "rubber" fuel pipe, marked as such. beneteaus use it and on my 351 there isnt a piece of copper pipe at all.
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.beneteau-owners-association.org.uk

Joe

Visit site
The fuel hose is ISO 7840 grade and should have swaged on ends with compression fittings.
The exhast hose should indeed be loyds approved.
The muffler should be replaced with a halyard glass fibre unit all from A.S.A.P.
Joe

<hr width=100% size=1>

DickB

Visit site
Try Pirtek in Portsmouth. They will make them up on the spot (compression fittings etc..)... Very good service and good price. - 023 9266 6766

<hr width=100% size=1>Dick