Eviction

appilette

Visit site
We are all currently moored at Gravesend in England and the Marine has brought the Builders in to replace the Lock and repair the Marina Walls. We all have to be gone by October so that the Builders can get on. So I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to go. I am a hardend Seafairer but I have been eveywhere along the Thames that I know so am a little stuck for ideas. Perhaps you can help.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
Have they served an eviction order? Have you pre- paid until the end of the year? if so, are they not in breach of contract, and thus duty bound to make other arrangements for you?

<hr width=100% size=1>

appilette

Visit site
Re: Dry Berths

5th August, 2004.

Interested. But I need to know Cost, Electric, how near to Faversham you are and what Tide is there that I can use.

Thank you

<hr width=100% size=1>

mainshiptom

Visit site
Re: Dry Berths

Ok How big is your boat ? length,beam depth?

Cost normally about 50 a month, No electricity at the moment but can be arranged again cost would depend on use.

Tides are same as Sheerness about 2 hours each side on springs and about 1 hour each side on neaps

We are in Favershm creek ME137la if you type into Maporama.

Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>

pragmatist

Visit site
Do you have to be in Kent ? If not, you might like to consider the River Crouch where there are 2 "marinas" which have elec and at least one I know to be v pleasant.

Alternatively places like Dartmouth have liveaboards with elec if you get the right berth.

Since many councils have byelaws about liveaboards it's often best not to admit you are one - "like to spend lots of time on my boat", "have a short term job in place X" etc.

Let me know if you want more details - if you're stuck in Kent then bad luck !

<hr width=100% size=1>a pragmatist is an optimist with a boat in the UK

appilette

Visit site
Thank you for taking the trouble. Gravesend Marina is undergoing a Refit and the Builders are going to be in 1st October. So by then we all have to be gone. Kent is not a Boundry although the Thames would be nice. Where is this Dartmouth you mention.?

<hr width=100% size=1>