Evicted from mooring - legal perspective?

nortada

Visit site
ooops,, bit touchy i would say ,,
not meant as a crit of this forum just of forums in general... ( from my limited experience )

Nope but in this forum we normally reserve the Lounge for aggression and if you want an out-to-out punch-up there is always Anything Brexit.;):encouragement:

Seven Spades

Visit site
hello Resolution, the same thing has just happened to me, I'm on a residential mooring as a licensee and have lived here for 10 years. I received a 28 day notice of eviction, just me no other boats and no reasons. I pay council tax, does that make a difference?
Thanks!

If you are looking for the council to re-house you it won't make any difference. What you cannot do it move out of your home and ask the council to re-house you as by doing so you will have technically made yourself homeless and you will have inadvertently let the council off the hook. To be successful at placing an obligation with the council to re-house you will have to sit tight on your mooring until the owner gets a court order to evict you. Then you will have been made homeless. This is a terrible situation as you may be liable for their costs as well. So you have a difficult situation.