Evia Channel

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Has BOb said learn to do has much as you can your self , it can self you a load of hustle some day , I suprise how many people I have to show how to do very simple things , like change a water pump impeller , tied up a belt , or change the engine oil . I don't mind so much because over winter it give me some thing to do , but guys you should really learn some of these very straight forwards tasks .

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
...In our experience, throughout the Med, excluding Turkey, but most especially in Greece and Spain, the decent/trustworthy boat mechanics and engineers, are called 'foreigners', overwhelmingly of the northern European variety; it would be unfair to say that we never found any decent local mechanics/engineers, but the only ones we've ever felt confident to recommend to others were British, Norwegian, German (2) and a Netherlander....

A humble and profound apology to Vidal in Sant Carles de la Rapita, North-east Spain.

Lesley read my earlier post and immediately said: "What about Vidal's?" He is a local Spaniard, has a small chandlery and engineering shop between the boatyard and the town of Sant Carles and was absolutely brilliant; he fixed, machined and stainless steel welded half a dozen separate bits for us and three years later, every one of them is still looking/performing perfectly; thanks Vidal.

Gypsyjoss

Visit site
If you do a forum search of Evoiko-Sea-Centre-Boatyard you'll find a thread with a lot of info.
I've noted the criticsm of work done. Seems to fit in with comments on this thread! I do my own or I'm present when work is being done.
I have no issues with the system of launching, haul-out or propping. But to clarify, the weight is only taken on the keel once in the yard. On arrival the weight is taken on curved bearers on the sledge. The pads for the props can be as big as you want them.
The loos have never been disgusting when I've been there, but they're certainly not pristine. However they are not high priority for me and I don't expect pristine in a boat yard!
This will be my 6th year there. I'm not inclined to move next door! Still relatively cheap.
Update: Closed on Sundays now, not Mondays. Oh, son Dennis is now officially the boss.

Cheers
Pete