European lake sailing

Tazio

Visit site
Hello there
I am considering once my lovely wisp is restored which should happen over the winter !... to take her to europe to sail her in some of the european lakes starting with Como and maybe then exploying others .. she is only 20ft a clinker built gaffer and tows well so i thought this might be a good way to while away some summers .. anyone on here have any experiance of doing this with there boat ? ,, info would be great how easy slipways are costs ect ?.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Sorry have no details but Como Garda Maggiore lakes I am sure you can find your happiness, they are all crazy about sailing, from classic wooden boats to the most extreme racing machines (Google "centomiglia del Garda" Images to have an idea of what they were doing 30-40-50 years ago).
Decades ago we bought a Star class boat from Lillia boatyard on Como lake, which together with Folli boatyard opposite made boats which were consistently top of all major events, when one sees 50-100 Stars aligned for start with snow covered mountains all around it's quite a sight.
I am sure you will enjoy :)