EU Complaint update - Success!

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Yes, i am a miserable git and at last someone agrees with me. However, my point about it being a waste of your time is that you were putting an obvious flaw in their proposal by doing their due diligence for them. It should never have been necessary. You have an uphill battle and a continual battle of wits ahead of you. I recall a mantra used in my military service. It is immoral in a battle of wits to fight an unarmed man. Leave the poor Greeks alone.

As for the bet, i raise you 26 countries. The EU WILL lose one more donor country in the comming years. That will be the end of the EU and a return of 90 days auto visa for 26 seperate countries.

BTW I hope you were not upset about my comment. I just thought it strange that you claimed success for getting the Greeks to obey their own set of rules they agreed to when they joined the EU.
Your not as miserable as all that! Cheer up

grumpygit

Visit site
I went into my local Port Police yesterday with my boat papers prior to launching and also prepared to do battle. I present the eTEPAI, bank proof of payment, insurance and the SSR certificate. To my amazement there was absolutely no hassle at all, the papers where checked and that was it. No mention of now being a third national, customs or proof of VAT, TL's, they never even asked for my passport.
I do hope everyone else has the same easy experience.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I went into my local Port Police yesterday with my boat papers prior to launching and also prepared to do battle. I present the eTEPAI, bank proof of payment, insurance and the SSR certificate. To my amazement there was absolutely no hassle at all, the papers where checked and that was it. No mention of now being a third national, customs or proof of VAT, TL's, they never even asked for my passport.
I do hope everyone else has the same easy experience.
Where? I think Leros and Poros were insiting on the TL. GREEK have not sent final instructions on all this. Any trouble and insist they call Piraeus central customs office who will correct them.....

grumpygit

Visit site
Where? I think Leros and Poros were insiting on the TL. GREEK have not sent final instructions on all this. Any trouble and insist they call Piraeus central customs office who will correct them.....

I went to the PP in Epidavros. I was armed with your pdf from #1 on my phone but as I said it was just not mentioned at all.

cynthia

Visit site
IF you have all the correct documentation (TEPAI paid receipt, letter from Marina confirming there on 31/12/20 ,crewlist, Insurance, ICC, Boat Reg, copies of relevant laws etc), as per your previous posts, onboard, is it still necessary to visit the port police when launching ?