Essential Cruising Equipment

Dominic

Visit site
After much thought,

The one essential piece of cruising equipment that I took on my travels was a Dinner Jacket (white when south of Biscay). I needed it, despite being considered the scriuffiest boat and family ever seen in the Caribbean or Eastern USA.

(I met a couple from NZ who had been cruising through Tonga and got invited to the King´s Birthday Party. Flying over the DJ wiped out 4 months of their cruising budget.)

What is your essential piece of kit, apart from the bottle of Malt.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Watertight container for the passports

<hr width=100% size=1>

Peppermint

Home in Chilterns, Boat in Southampton, Another bo
Visit site
Re: Uffa Fox

Was looking at the smallest, fastest sailing he could sail the Solent in. He decided on the International Canoe. An interesting choice but then he was an exceptional sailor. His main criteria was having somewhere to put his Blazer, Flannels and Yacht Club Tie. So that a chap can excercise his visiting rights to other clubs.

I wouldn't be without my Dubarry sailing boots. You'd never go back to wellies once you've tried them.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Dominic

Visit site
Hell no. One of the Eberspacher things that work at sea.

Or a very long cable for your option.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
The laptop navigation package, linked via its NMEA cable to the GPS and that in turn linked to the autopilot. That way, if its really unpleasant the boat can go on its own and I can meet it as I climb off the Calmac ferry.
If thats not allowed then a pan big enough to host the largest of cauliflowers.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
Re: easy

..........but not the one you left at home

<hr width=100% size=1>John
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.allgadgets.co.uk>http://www.allgadgets.co.uk</A>