Entrance to the River Ore

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
I was hoping to pop up to the River Ore tomorrow, but not having been there for quite a few years, I was wondering what the entrance was like now. I thought the local sailing club or someone similar would have posted a chatlet on the web somewhere, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if the details are hidden somewhere?

<hr width=100% size=1>

pvb

Visit site
Try this...

The excellent Woodbridge Cruising Club has <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.woodbridgecruisingclub.co.uk/OreEnt.html>this info and chartlet</A>.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
And the Deben.

The Woodbridge Cruising Club site also has excellent details of the Deben entrance.
Well worth a look before you go, in particular the pictures and waypoints.
Thanks for pointing this site out and to the club much appreciated.
Trevor

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikeb

Visit site
Re: Try this...

I went there 2 weeks ago and used what seems like the same chartlet and did not get any nasty surprises. Hope you enjoy it

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulrossall

Visit site
Any update on the entrance to the Ore? I might go up on Saturday next 2/8/03. From the chart it looks OK. I would go up a couple of hours after low water unless advised otherwise. (draft 1 metre). Where are the best places to pick up a mooring or anchor? We will have 2 or 3 boats and would like to eat somewhere reasonable but not pricey and more concerned about the quality of the beer.
I dont like marinas but do like a shower somewhere if possible. Are there any such facilities that could be used? Paying a reasonable fee is not a problem.
Is the Ore worth going up??
Paul

<hr width=100% size=1>

surekandoo

Home:Nottinghamshire Boat: Blackwater Marina, Esse
Visit site
yes it is.

Entrance very interesting. Plenty of places to drop the hook. Hostelries @ Orford, Aldeborough + Snape if you are shallow draught. We passed a Thames barge that had gone aground on the way up to Snape, he got going later as the tide lifted him off. We had 1.5 hrs at Snape.

Enjoy.

<hr width=100% size=1>