Entering Spanish Water

Visit site
I've ust seen a post on another site from a boat that has just arrived in Corunha saying that they have been allowed in to go shopping before continuing on teir way..

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Like every country in the world you always going to find official that are a lot more easy to deal with .
Some couldn't care less other as so down the ranks that what they say is worthless ,
where the next official you meet in th same town will be much more into the letter of the rules .

End of last week I had quite a few emails from people we know in two other marinas that won't play balls and want to charge stupit money for mooring some are thinking about mooring else where and want info on anchorage locally where they could sit out the rest of the time while the lock down going on .
Their opinion is the marina can't stop them from leaving , which I guess is right .
My advise has been before going any where talk to the,CG and get what every they say in writing an phone call or a VHF conversating with some guy on the other end is going to get you no where when you arrived in the next anchorage and a different official take a dim view of you arriving .

Visit site
Like every country in the world you always going to find official that are a lot more easy to deal with .
Some couldn't care less other as so down the ranks that what they say is worthless ,
where the next official you meet in th same town will be much more into the letter of the rules .

End of last week I had quite a few emails from people we know in two other marinas that won't play balls and want to charge stupit money for mooring some are thinking about mooring else where and want info on anchorage locally where they could sit out the rest of the time while the lock down going on .
Their opinion is the marina can't stop them from leaving , which I guess is right .
My advise has been before going any where talk to the,CG and get what every they say in writing an phone call or a VHF conversating with some guy on the other end is going to get you no where when you arrived in the next anchorage and a different official take a dim view of you arriving .
As Vic says there are some stupid officials but not all by any means, if you go about it the right way. A Finnish yacht arrived in the Tejo the other day without problems because he had had the intelligence to radio in advance to discuss the situation, he is, of curse in quarantine but his time at sea from Gib is taken into consideration.