Entering Plymouth Sound in rough weather:

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Doesn't Snooks write some absolute bolleaux at times! And to think we are asked to pay for that.....

So which bit was bolleaux? The breakwater being a lee shore or my jest about being followed :D ....and I'm not sure how you're "ask to to pay for that" any more than I'm asked to pay for what you write...:)

Or are you suggesting that if you're heading to QAB from the east you should head to the western entrance, and stay in the rough stuff longer? :)

Last edited:

TiggerToo

Visit site
Did the OP bring his boat into Plymouth this weekend?

yes, yours truly did.... but it was a "long" weekend which was anticipated to Friday :eek:. The sail from Falmouth was an idyllic broad reach, on benign waters and mild weather... in fact, it was perfect tide conditions to continue all the way up to Calstock and hide there while the first of the w/e blows went by.

TT, is now snuck up the Lynher at Boating World... counting down to the days she goes back in Spring.

Many thanks to all the contributors here.... interesting reads!

no28

Visit site
yes, yours truly did.... but it was a "long" weekend which was anticipated to Friday :eek:. The sail from Falmouth was an idyllic broad reach, on benign waters and mild weather... in fact, it was perfect tide conditions to continue all the way up to Calstock and hide there while the first of the w/e blows went by.

TT, is now snuck up the Lynher at Boating World... counting down to the days she goes back in Spring.

Many thanks to all the contributors here.... interesting reads!

Glad it went well! :D