English Weather! is it really worth owning a boat?

BarryD

Visit site
Not a lot of help...

Seeing as I live about 70 miles from the nearest stretch of open water that is. I'd love to leave the boat in a scruffy boatyard but the nearest ones are on the Grand Union canal and they'd frown on me getting on the plane assuming I didn't rip the drives on off a shopping trolley.

So it's South Coast or East Anglia for me.

Looking at Ipswich as it might be 15mins closer but the cruising is I believe not so good for a power boat? Otherwise it's the Med. Maybe, prehaps, who knows.

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

G

Re: Not a lot of help...

Oh, just get into a routine, Barry. H should have everything packed, inc small people by 4pm, Friday. Drives south. You leave office on train, and head southwest. H picks you up at appropriate point, avoiding need to train it all the way to MK, just to go south again. Feed small people en route. Arrive Chi around 8pm, in time to put small people in bed, crack open bottle of plonk and phone for takeaway. Whole of Saturday and Sunday now spent in drizzle, looking at 18ft waves breaking over harbour wall. Feed small people Sunday eve and put in pyjamas. Leave boat 7pm, put small people to bed as soon as arrive MK. Easy.

ari

Visit site
Have you noticed how despite al of the postings above (one being mine!) it only takes one hot sunny day afloat and suddenly it IS all worth it after all...!!

What short memories we have........!!

;-)